So, what do you guys think about the AW ban Obama wants to put through because of the past shooting in CT? I'm pretty well stocked (gun & ammo wise) personally, just curious to hear what others think about the ban and restrictions.

Edited by rappy97

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Only people who are bad shots need AW `s or 30 round clips !!!! I own couple guns that I use for hunting and personal protection so i have no need for AWs JMO !! I gave up my NRA membership years ago because I didnt like the direction it was headed !!

Interesting...

I've never saw a 30 round clip on any assault weapon, or even any gun for that fact. Being a prepper, I've always thought an AR or AK was EXCELLENT for protection, perhaps not?

man, i'm going to get jumped all over for this but, you yanks are f'n crazy about your guns and shit.

honestly, what is with that? i don't get it what-so-ever .... it's like living in the 1800's and everyone wants to be billy the kid .... i'm done LOL

I live 30 minutes from Newtown and one of my bosses is from that town who knows people affected. It's a tragedy and for someone who has a 5 year old going to school next year, it really hits home. My wife cried for those kids and I couldn't help but shed a few tears myself. It's just unreal.

About AW, I feel that the military should be the only ones that have them. If the mother of that idiot was such a gun lover, she should have joined the military. I'm not against rifles for hunting and hand guns for approved, licensed, and databased individuals as needed.

But, that's not the issue here...if someone wants to create damage, they will. The only way to stop them is to deter them from doing so. It's either arm the schools or allow people to arm themselves. The other issue is all the point n shoot video games and explicit movies we all love to watch. It's gone too far. The entertainment creates false imagery in these sick people's minds. It's getting worse and will continue to get worse unless something is done. That's my rant on this....:mad:

i agree AW should be kept for military exclusively, rifles for hunters that have acreage only, and, well, hand guns (i dunno, should be carried by cops only) for who? scared paranoid people? the population of canada would squeeze into new york state, now, there's a crap load of hunters up here, and that just scares the bejesus out of me thinking there is a small army. everyone can say that's your 2nd amendment and it's your right to bear arms, and, guns don't kill; people kill. well maybe if guns weren't so easily obtained etc., this shooting spree crap would be non-existent. anyway, how many of your 'rights' have you lost thru government without even really knowing it was happening? sorry, not into guns ....

i own several of the aw's that they are wanting to ban .. and i have family members and friends that own them also.. i have a class-3 government licens and buy and sell them also... it took me a long time and a bunch of money to get it ... the restrictions i have to follow to sell to people are very long and not leaniant ... the laws get tougher and more strict every year ...i now have to carry insurance to cover my ass if i sell to some one that is not actually able to purchase it ..and they do something like happend in newtown.. i like my weapons and am an avid gun collector and shooter ... i have guns from the 1800's to current new ones made with in the last 6 months ... stiffer laws on aw's are probably going to happen but should not on personal protection fire arms ....

Interesting...

I've never saw a 30 round clip on any assault weapon, or even any gun for that fact. Being a prepper, I've always thought an AR or AK was EXCELLENT for protection, perhaps not?

You say ur a Prepper ?? From What ??? Ar & AK is worthless in my opion !! I was in the Army for 5 yrs so I say if U want to own 1 join the army !! :yes:

I do believe in the right to arm ones self however they see fit. As I see it, Amerika is becoming more and more a police state. Not so much for power like in the movies as in taking over the world. Greed seems to be the motivator. Gov't has become a overfed machine that cant be stopped with new laws. I am not prepared and I dont own any guns nor have I ever fired a pistol. I have fired rifles though. I do see that we are almost at a breaking point. Super rich people buying there way out of wrong doings leaves a bad taste in the average persons mouth. I think a revolution is coming but not sure when or to what degree. If i was able to afford it i would have an arsenal of assault rifles and be fully stocked with ammo.

We dont need new gun laws we need RESPONSIBLE people. Everyone likes to point the finger and say its not their fault. I think through better education an armed nation is a peaceful nation

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I think a revolution is coming but not sure when or to what degree. If i was able to afford it i would have an arsenal of assault rifles and be fully stocked with ammo.

^ this +10000. It's coming. Soon.

Guns that are not meant for hunting, recreation, etc... Are for self-defense, which is what the bulk of ARs and AKs are for. People who say you don't need home defense firearms, or plans, are far too reliant on police and government, IMO.

To Conquer a Nation, You Must First Disarm its Citizens - Adolf Hitler

man, i'm going to get jumped all over for this but, you yanks are f'n crazy about your guns and shit.

honestly, what is with that? i don't get it what-so-ever .... it's like living in the 1800's and everyone wants to be billy the kid .... i'm done LOL

I am with you on this one Ox. I might get some flack over this too. I don't get into guns either. My dad was a police officer for 22 yrs, so it's not like I haven't been around them. I just believe guns are for pussies, they make it too easy to have balls. Instead of using guns you should have to be a man and use your fists. It's just too bad that's not the case. I miss the good ole days of a barrroom brawl. Now if you bump somebody's beer on the way to take a piss you gotta wonder it they will be waiting outside to shoot you. Thats it for me.

I miss the good ole days of a barrroom brawl. Now if you bump somebody's beer on the way to take a piss you gotta wonder it they will be waiting outside to shoot you.

That's a great point! :yes:

I am with you on this one Ox. I might get some flack over this too. I don't get into guns either. My dad was a police officer for 22 yrs, so it's not like I haven't been around them. I just believe guns are for pussies, they make it too easy to have balls. Instead of using guns you should have to be a man and use your fists. It's just too bad that's not the case. I miss the good ole days of a barrroom brawl. Now if you bump somebody's beer on the way to take a piss you gotta wonder it they will be waiting outside to shoot you. Thats it for me.

Those were the days !! :boxing_smileyc: My dad was 30yr vet in the army and I did 5 myself been around firearms all my life !! No there is no revolution coming so theres no need to arm ourselfs with AK `s some people are just paranoid period ! The NRA wants to arm more people and put armed cops in our schools :no:that was tried and didnt work !! i got a gun for turkey hunting :biggrin:1 for elk and deer and 9mm for travelin :yes:a badass dog and a wife who `ll kick Ur ass so I got all the protection I need JMO

PS what do u kill zombies with ???

PS what do u kill zombies with ???

I think we have enough people in our prison systems to lure them into the jails and keep them fed for a while. Then anyone else that breaks the law and gets jail time......well more food for the zombies.:laugh: Sometimes I am such a :GEEK:

Why couldnt it just be a gunman why does it always have to be a NYer! Case in point as to why we need to arm ourselves from whackjobs like this. Whack jobs dont follow gun laws. Look how well drug laws work for Amerkia.

I am with you Mario, look how good anti-gun laws are working in some of the bigger cities. By the end of October, Chicago had 436 deaths, that would be 43 per month... mostly gang related. The only people with guns are the criminals, because really... you think a drug dealer or gang member will say "I better get rid of my gun, its illegal".

Yes, we can say that stopping the sales of guns would cut down on having so many weapons on the street, but it is much easier for criminals to buy REAL automatic weapons in Mexico, and then disassemble them and take them across the border into the US.

I just think that nowadays in America, younger people have been babied way too much. Its all about "feelings" now, and when they get their "feelings" hurt by the real world they want to lash out. Of course, because everyone one believes they are "special" and they should be famous, they want to lash out in the most spectacular ways.

Do I have all the answers? No, but I do know that if we make all guns illegal, they will start making bombs, or other devices. The best way to handle things is to have harsher punishment. I really admire the Justice system here in China, they know how to take care of business. I don't mean the oppression crap, but the use of the death penalty for drug trafficking, murder and so on... The people that commit those crimes are not always "poor misguided individuals" they willingly choose to commit their crimes.

WOW, I didn't know I had that rant in me.. just my .02 cents, YMMV.

Valid points! I think your right about being babied. When most people get a taste of the real world they just snap. Look at how the news sensationalizes killers and makes them famous