Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

knkyle

87 yamaha big bear 350 engine oiling info

I have an engine out of an 87 big bear 4x4 that I am going to put in a golf cart, and am needing to do some block mods. what I need to know is how the oil runs in the transfer case? I know that the oil comes out from the bolt that holds the 90 degree gear that turns the out put shafts, and I am guessing that it is a drain hole on the back side. Will it hurt anything to block these off? I will not be using the t-fer case because I want to turn the engine sideways to shorten up the distance needed to the rear end. If this wont work, What other engine would be good to use?

as far as i know, the engine and gearbox are oiled separately from the transfer case, im new to this particular model though.

as far as i know, the engine and gearbox are oiled separately from the transfer case, im new to this particular model though.

I think you are right, The engine still seems to be running fine