fastf3

Starting problems Suzuki Kingquad 700

10 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with my 07 kingquad 700 where when i go outside to start from not being started in a few days to find out that it turns over well but just won't start but as soon as i pull the cord she starts????????

Does anyone know what's going on???:huh:

Thanks!!!

sometimes a weak battery or a starter with too much draw will do that BUT your ridw is awfully new to be having problems like that...anyone else have an idea?:aargh:

Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked for the spark ? Any noticable differences from electric start vs pull start? If an atv is like a car/truck efi requires a hotter spark. Try a hotter spark plug. My Ozark starts quicker by pull start, which makes me beleive for some reason a pull start has a hotter spark at start up.

I never checked anything so far but it gives me somewhere to start!!! Thanks...

I never checked anything so far but it gives me somewhere to start!!! Thanks...
Hope it helps!!!!!:biggrin:

Just following up on this thread. I had a similar issue and found that my battery was weak. I replaced the battery and problem solved. This was ofcourse during the cold winter months.

You should also check to make sure your starter is not over drawing from your battery.

Hello everyone, just got my King out of the shop to fix my starting problem after all this time and my dealer found the problem....It was my injector that was split possibly by the cold or so on!!!

Finally got her back what a relief.

Thanks for all your help the same guys, take care.....ride safe!!!

Hey, If you haven't figured it out yet I have had a similar problem. There is a black electronic device under the seat that from what I'm told drains the battery over a short period of time. There is a newer upgrade you can get that "fixes" the battery drain problem. Didn't really work for me though so I bought a maintainer, it's cheaper then buying a new battery. Hope that helps.

KingQuad07

Hi, i changed the injector because it was split from probable water in the gas as i use it all year long since then no problems what so ever....goes great!!!!

Thanks!