Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Fireuzercut1

2008 TGB Outback 425 No Spark

I have a 08 TGB Outback 425 had it running yesterday went back to start it later didn't start checked and no spark went over all wires and connections can't find problem the atv has all good fuses need help.

Unfortunately I don't know much about that brand but I would look to see if you have a coil, and ignition module, or relays that control the ignition. Do you have a manual?

17 hours ago, Fireuzercut1 said:

I have a manual but it is quite sketchy but the atv is powered by a coil and a cdi.

Could be any one of those but I would grab a meter and test the coil first.

Hi I have the same problem. I replaced coil and wire and the cdi unit. Fired up and quit again. No spark.  I read somewhere that you have to replace four units. Cdi, rectififier, coil and stator. 

2 hours ago, Russ Lazar said:

If you found a fix let me know please. If not I'm currently looking into it

I still haven't found a fix for this tested the stator all good tested the  rectifier all good tested the coil all good I'm about to give up on it although I do know before I picked it up someone had it fixed because it used to melt batterys

On 3/31/2017 at 7:27 PM, Ajmboy said:

Unfortunately I don't know much about that brand but I would look to see if you have a coil, and ignition module, or relays that control the ignition. Do you have a manual?

So my battery light came on but i figured because I'm on a small average I start and shut unit off a lot so battery wasn't charging enough   I decided to take it for a good long ride to charge battery up. Got about a half kilometer from home and I heard a load pop and she quit. Main fuse had a large hole burnt through it and after I installed a new one I had no spark!  Like you I tested every thing but the manual is sketchy. So I replaced the coil and wire and theCDI unit. Fired up and quit again. 

I read somewhere on the web you have to replace four units together   cdi, coil, rectifier and stator. 

I'm dealing with a company here in Alberta and when I find something out I'll let ya know as I need this unit running

Quick question did you happpen to check the kill switch control on the inside ? I had a similar problem and took the controller apart only to find rust and broken parts due to water that somehow got inside and would short out. I would follow that and any safeties that are in place like brake locks that need to be in place prior to starting. These are common problems that intermittently knock the spark out.  Lastly it could be a wire that's lost its outer insulation and  copper is rubbing against the frame at some point in the harness where any twisting of the harness happens like aroujd the front end where the neck of the frame is. Take a deep breath and step back for a second. You will figure this out. It's just a process of elimination. 

As far as changing all four components together well I think that's nonsense. I changed my stator and cdi. No spark. Re installed the old cdi with the new stator and she fired right up.  

Good luck. 

Yes.  Kill switch was fine. Ended up just removing it.  Taking a break from it but I will look at wiring really close. Thanks for your input

I have a similar problem but mine will spark once only after the start switch is let go any ideas anyone?