Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Fireuzercut1

2008 TGB Outback 425 No Spark

I have a 08 TGB Outback 425 had it running yesterday went back to start it later didn't start checked and no spark went over all wires and connections can't find problem the atv has all good fuses need help.

Unfortunately I don't know much about that brand but I would look to see if you have a coil, and ignition module, or relays that control the ignition. Do you have a manual?

17 hours ago, Fireuzercut1 said:

I have a manual but it is quite sketchy but the atv is powered by a coil and a cdi.

Could be any one of those but I would grab a meter and test the coil first.

Hi I have the same problem. I replaced coil and wire and the cdi unit. Fired up and quit again. No spark.  I read somewhere that you have to replace four units. Cdi, rectififier, coil and stator. 

2 hours ago, Russ Lazar said:

If you found a fix let me know please. If not I'm currently looking into it

I still haven't found a fix for this tested the stator all good tested the  rectifier all good tested the coil all good I'm about to give up on it although I do know before I picked it up someone had it fixed because it used to melt batterys

On 3/31/2017 at 7:27 PM, Ajmboy said:

Unfortunately I don't know much about that brand but I would look to see if you have a coil, and ignition module, or relays that control the ignition. Do you have a manual?

So my battery light came on but i figured because I'm on a small average I start and shut unit off a lot so battery wasn't charging enough   I decided to take it for a good long ride to charge battery up. Got about a half kilometer from home and I heard a load pop and she quit. Main fuse had a large hole burnt through it and after I installed a new one I had no spark!  Like you I tested every thing but the manual is sketchy. So I replaced the coil and wire and theCDI unit. Fired up and quit again. 

I read somewhere on the web you have to replace four units together   cdi, coil, rectifier and stator. 

I'm dealing with a company here in Alberta and when I find something out I'll let ya know as I need this unit running

Replaced all electrical parts. Ready to burn the piece of shit.  NO SPARK.  

Gonna start jumping wires

Quick question did you happpen to check the kill switch control on the inside ? I had a similar problem and took the controller apart only to find rust and broken parts due to water that somehow got inside and would short out. I would follow that and any safeties that are in place like brake locks that need to be in place prior to starting. These are common problems that intermittently knock the spark out.  Lastly it could be a wire that's lost its outer insulation and  copper is rubbing against the frame at some point in the harness where any twisting of the harness happens like aroujd the front end where the neck of the frame is. Take a deep breath and step back for a second. You will figure this out. It's just a process of elimination. 

As far as changing all four components together well I think that's nonsense. I changed my stator and cdi. No spark. Re installed the old cdi with the new stator and she fired right up.  

Good luck. 

Yes.  Kill switch was fine. Ended up just removing it.  Taking a break from it but I will look at wiring really close. Thanks for your input

I have a similar problem but mine will spark once only after the start switch is let go any ideas anyone?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By stymy68
      I have an unknown year Timberwolf. I have had to replace/repair some back yard wiring issues. With the wiring fixed, I compared to my other Timberwolf quads, I have found a problem. Starter is always running. I can only get it to stop by removing the positive lead from the battery.
    • By Stephen Daugherty
      I'm joining to get help and opinions on my z... I just had the entire bottom end and carb rebuilt new rings and plug rose it maybe 4 hours and on the way home it backfired and blew the carb boot from the head and now it won't start? Getting fuel and fire but when I check the plug its covered in fuel? I've checked time and clearance everything seems to be fine? Just cant figure it out?
    • By Wolds Alpacas
      Hello - I have just had delivered my 2004 registered King Quad 300.
      The gear change is pretty fierce.  Pretty hard to get into gear from neutral on the foot pedal and when I select reverse on the hand lever, it jumps into reverse with a hell of a kick.
      I am waiting for a service manual to arrive, but in the meantime, has anyone any suggestions please?
      Thank you.
    • By RDALE352
      My Rancher cranks right up and runs great for a while and then it will suddenly sputter out and die. It usually cranks right back up and again runs great for a while and then same thing. Yesterday it got to where it acted like it wasn't going to crank back up a few time but eventually did. Any suggestions??
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alan Callison
      I just got a 2004 Yamaha that needs some work.Its got wet brakes on the front that Im trying to get working.My problem is the brake lever.This the lever on it now.On the master cylinder it has a cable in it that has the wire that fits in a slot inside the lever itself but this lever isn't made for that.I dont know if whoever had it before didn't know what they were doing or what but its the wrong lever for this machine. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I looked at the Yamaha website and the schematics only show a part that looks like this one here. Again,I have a 2004 Yam 400 Kodiak 4x4 and its an automatic model. BTW,the master cyl. was bone dry. I was gonna change out the rear brake shoes and when I went to pull off the wheel,get this, each wheel stud had 2 different sized washers holding the lug nuts to the wheel rim. The stud holes were so worn out it had worn away the base of the studs and the holes were the size of  quarter! Im lucky someone didn't die while riding this! A word to the wise.Pay attention to what you buy.Look carefully and keep a keen eye out. This was my fault because it was the 1st ATV Id ever bought and I didnt notice alot on this machine so I guess I count myself lucky in that I didnt get hurt nor did anyone else who rode it either.
    • By Bubblehead
      Have a 2000 Yamaha Grizzly YFM600FWA with no spark.  Checked the troubleshooting chart, and all checks were within specs.  CDI has part # 5GT-00  F8T36071.  Friend has a 1998 Grizzly 600 but his CDI part # is 4WV-00  F8t34671.  Are they the same?  Thinking about taking my CDI and put it on his ATV and find out if it works, but don't want to damage something if not interchangeable.  Thanks
    • By 1991 big bear help
      I have a 91 big bear 350 4x4 with no spark what's making me puzzled is my coil is up to spec with ohms my stator and pick up coil is up to spec brand new and ohms reading checks out I got power from CDI coming out and power going in my coil wire from coil to CDI is getting good ohms reading plug is brand new but still not getting spark any suggestions or help would be appreciated I'm getting confused where do I go next please help me thanks 
    • By RevNate
      Trying to help a friend with his 2004 Yamaha warrior 350... It wasn’t getting a spark so we replaced the spark plug, cdi box and coil. Have tested the kill switch, checked fuse,  everything is good there. Monday (8-20-18) we installed a new stator and got spark, ran it around my trails for about half hour then put it up. Today (8-25-18) we went to go riding and it wouldn’t start, again getting no spark... can’t wrap our heads around what happened when we got spark back then a few days later nothing... any help would be greatly appreciated 
    • By Rich Arno
      Hello. I'm new so I hope I'm posting in the right place. My neighbor gave me a nice looking Bayou 220, but I can't get any fire to the plug. No lights, nothing. So far I've put in a brand new battery and relay. So those are good for sure. No neutral light comes on when the key is turned. Where should I start to try to figure out this electrical problem? I have a new coil to install, but common sense tells me it has to be something before that. I'm cheap so taking it to the dealer is out of the question. Does anyone know the process of elimination in a situation like this? I'd might add it LOOKS like the wires are all where they belong, but I can't say they are for sure. If the machine wasn't in such great shape, I wouldn't bother, but the grandkids should have a lot of fun on this. Thank you in advance for any help someone can offer.