Ajmboy

2007 Suzuki KingQuad 450 4x4

Yep....450......

Brea, CA (9/28/06) - Introducing the Suzuki KingQuad 450. That's right, we took all the award-winning features of the KingQuad 700 and brought it to the 450 class. Now you can get all the features of Suzuki's flagship ATV, but in a package that offers the best value in its class. Suzuki brings all the valuable features to the class: styling, engine performance, electronic fuel injection, independent rear suspension, locking front differential and a host of other valuable features mean the KingQuad 450 leads its class in value and performance.

The KingQuad lineage is important to Suzuki and it is important that the new KingQuad 450 builds on the storied name. When the original KingQuad was introduced to the world in 1991, it was a revolutionary ATV. Revolutionary is a strong word but history has judged it to be true.

At a time when solid rear axles were commonplace, Suzuki brought independent rear suspension and a locking front differential to the ATV world. At a time when a five speed transmission was the lap of luxury, KingQuad owners got the most innovative transmission on the market. High, low and super-low ranges gave the original KingQuad owners 15 drive options. The original KingQuad delivered utility performance with comfortable trail manners. The original KingQuad established Suzuki in the ATV Market. The KingQuad 700 solidified Suzuki's legacy to the industry. Now the KingQuad 450 sets the new standard for a whole class of ATVs.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

From suzuki.com:

Introducing the Suzuki KingQuad 450. That's right, we took all the award-winning features of the KingQuad 700 and brought it to the 450 class. Now you can get all the features of Suzuki's flagship ATV, but in a package that offers the best value in its class. Suzuki brings all the valuable features to the class: styling, engine performance, electronic fuel injection, independent rear suspension, locking front differential and a host of other valuable features mean the KingQuad 450 leads its class in value and performance.

The KingQuad lineage is important to Suzuki and it is important that the new KingQuad 450 builds on the storied name. When the original KingQuad was introduced to the world in 1991, it was a revolutionary ATV. Revolutionary is a strong word but history has judged it to be true.

At a time when solid rear axles were commonplace, Suzuki brought independent rear suspension and a locking front differential to the ATV world. At a time when a five speed transmission was the lap of luxury, KingQuad owners got the most innovative transmission on the market. High, low and super-low ranges gave the original KingQuad owners 15 drive options. The original KingQuad delivered utility performance with comfortable trail manners. The original KingQuad established Suzuki in the ATV Market. The KingQuad 700 solidified Suzuki's legacy to the industry. Now the KingQuad 450 sets the new standard for a whole class of ATVs.

Specs

Engine: 454cc, SOHC, four-stroke, single cylinder, liquid-cooled

Bore Stroke: 84mm x 82mm

Compression Ratio: 10.0:1

Fuel System: Fuel Injection

Lubrication: Wet sump

Ignition: CDI

Transmission: V-belt CVT automatic with high/low range sub-transmission, 2WD/4WD/4WD front differential lock

Final Drive: Shaft drive

Overall Length: 2120mm (83.5 in.)

Overall Width: 1210mm (47.6 in.)

Overall Height: 1220mm (48.0 in.)

Seat Height: 860mm (33.9 in.)

Ground Clearance: 260mm (10.2 in.)

Wheelbase: 1280mm (50.4 in.)

Dry Weight: 275kg (606 lbs.)

Suspension Front: Independent, double A-arm, oil-damped, five preload settings

Suspension Rear: Independent, double A-Arm oil-damped, five preload settings

Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc

Brakes Rear: Sealed hydraulic disc

Tires Front: AT 25 x 8-12

Tires Rear: AT 25 x 10-12

Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 liter (4.6 gal.)

Color: Black, Green, Red

LTA450XK7.jpg

I'd like to know also, is it under powered? They are coming out with an 800 version.

I got the KQ450 and I'll tell you it's different. I was riding a LTZ250, but I need something bigger to pull my hubby out when he got stuck. The engine braking is awsome especially going downhill. I didn't use the brakes not even once. It's harder to steer when the diff. is locked, but I managed it pretty well.

The first up-grade we did to it was change the air filter from the useless paper to a Uni-foam filter. It's got the bells and whistles that I need for the trails in MI. I'd recommand it to anyone especially if it's their first ulitiy machine. We also put a winch on it and it was easy to install. Next upgrade is a brush grade and then tires.

It's overall a good machine.