Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

[How To] Insert an Image into a Post

Admin

Here is how to insert an image/photo into a post.

The image must be hosted elsewhere on another site or in your personal picture galleries here at QUADCRAZY.

Locate the image (online) that you would like to insert into your post. Right Click on that image and copy the URL (http://............) of the picture.

Go to the post and when writing a new post or replying, find the Image Icon insertimage.gif and click it. It will ask you for that URL. Insert it and hit OK.

That's it!

• 10 months later...

but it can't be in my computers then, but at a third site?????? huh? WHY? this is the first site where I've run into THIS stuff. this is where I come off the rails

I'm running three computers, does that count?

If I understand this right, I have to upload to quadcrazy photo/video bank first. THEN I find it again after I figure out where I want to post it in a thread? Long way 'round the barn, isn't it? Honestly, most sites are far more user friendly than this. try them.

You guys are making great strides! I was completely baffled when I joined here. The more you can make it 'upload off my PC' the more participation you will have. If it's easy to do then it's fun. If I need a degree or is a pain or makes no sense = less participation. This is a hurdle for me, still. Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by Raptor8
grrrr

but it can't be in my computers then, but at a third site?????? huh? WHY? this is the first site where I've run into THIS stuff. this is where I come off the rails

I'm running three computers, does that count?

If I understand this right, I have to upload to quadcrazy photo/video bank first. THEN I find it again after I figure out where I want to post it in a thread? Long way 'round the barn, isn't it? Honestly, most sites are far more user friendly than this. try them.

You guys are making great strides! I was completely baffled when I joined here. The more you can make it 'upload off my PC' the more participation you will have. If it's easy to do then it's fun. If I need a degree or is a pain or makes no sense = less participation. This is a hurdle for me, still. Keep up the good work!!!

Off your PC you will have to use "Manage Attachments" (Attach Files). This is the way ALL forums work. I have yet to see one that gives you a different option off your pc. Some don't even have an upload photo feature. Here you have your own gallery to upload to. The above method is using a url for the photo from any site, including your photo gallery here at QUADCRAZY.

Hey Raptor.....

Dont you use a site like Photobucket for hosting pictures????? That is what I use....Its easy and it resizes them automatically....And its FREE Brotha!!

Or,,,,,GOOGLE IMAGAGES.....That is where I "URL" Most of the Stupid Pictures I post here...:yes:

With Photobucket they give you the HTML Links to just paste it in your post without using the insertimage.gif Button....See there....I just URL'ed that....LMAO!!! and it didnt take but 5 seconds....But with Google Images or pulling a pic from any other site you do....

Hope that helped....I know it was just a ramble.....I have no coffee in me yet....:wink:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

With our new site, to insert an image you would just paste the image (or video) url directly into the post to embed it or use Insert other media to the lower right of the post editor. :D 

There is a also a feature where if you copy the url from topic, post, photo (from the picture gallery) it will automatically embed it as well.

Example below. All I did was enter the url to the content. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By quadcrazy
      If you are a new member, why not introduce yourself? This community thrives and grows with you and all our current members! We all want this community to grow and encourage new member registrations. That being said please help out QuadCRAZY by inviting other atv'ers to the community.
      QUADCRAZY NEEDS YOU!
    • By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By Mhatayas
      So here where I live in Newfoundland Canada, they let you drive your bike on the road provided it’s registered and insured same goes for crossing highways but on trails you don’t need to be insured. And I don’t even think you need a full license to insure your bike they said it was up to the insurance company. I’m trying to get my old 1985 Suzuki 250 registered they have to do a search for it to make sure it hasn’t been in anyone else’s name first. Hopefully it comes back clean I am pretty excited 
    • By huntindog
      I am in the process of puting it back together after replacing the DPS gearbox.
      The manual I have states that it will need to be flashed by a dealer. Is this still true?
      Also , I have a mystery bolt That I cannot remember where it goes. M6x 70 or so.  Hex head with a flat washer.I will try to attach a pic.
      Pic is no go for now....Cox issue I will try again later
      TIA
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content