Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Hey guys i haven’t disappeared,just been busy , my latest has been plowing snow, and cutting trees in the woods , this cold snap is great to get in woods imo,, 

last week,took,a sharp object in sidewall of tire, 32 miles on tire ugh... replaced the tire and bought a nice little floor jack at Harbor freight , it was about $30,00 , lol got home and realized it had no hydraulic fluid in it .... i wish they would of told me , had to run back out for fluid .. jack does exactly what i wanted im happy .. 

hope everyone is doing ok , 

Airborne 

• Like 1

Hey pal.  Glad to hear your enjoying the weather and the bike.   That sucks about the tire but that’s the price we pay for hanging in the woods.  The bikes run so nice in the cooler weather.  So many people are commenting about how harbor freight is getting better with there stuff.  There is a topic floating around about a $50 dollar winch that’s holding up pretty good.  The fluid thing however sucks.  But it is what it is I guess. Anyway ride safe !    

• Like 1

I bought a grinder from there this past summer and ran the crap out of it to restore this 5 by 8 trailer.

Mike

0704181039_HDR (Medium) (Medium).jpg

0703181058 (Medium).jpg

0625181401_HDR (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

Looks great !  It looks like you removed the expanded metal and replaced with wood?  How was the wiring ? 

I need to do that to my trailer. The one I have just flops in the breeze when it's empty. But tractor supply is what it is. I'll need to add a v in the front for stability as well. Spring welding for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikeexplorer said:

I bought a grinder from there this past summer and ran the crap out of it to restore this 5 by 8 trailer.

you got me thinking, frank n mike! (that's a podcast title right there) we are always talking about HF tools.. I started a thread and put my tools post:

Edited by pokerl0w
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2019 at 5:37 AM, Frank Angerano said:

Looks great !  It looks like you removed the expanded metal and replaced with wood?  How was the wiring ? 

I replaced the wiring and lights with LED lights. Picked up the kit at an auto store. Old lights were dim and wiring was damaged.

That is not wood, it is HDPE plastic sheet cut into strips. I got it for free at my former job. The grating on the floor was shot and broken in several places. I cut and ground off all the welds and repainted the frame.

Edited by mikeexplorer

Looks great. Is it all done ?  Any more going on it ? Storage box for straps ? 

On 1/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, Airborne said:

Hey guys i haven’t disappeared,just been busy , my latest has been plowing snow, and cutting trees in the woods , this cold snap is great to get in woods imo,, 

last week,took,a sharp object in sidewall of tire, 32 miles on tire ugh... replaced the tire and bought a nice little floor jack at Harbor freight , it was about $30,00 , lol got home and realized it had no hydraulic fluid in it .... i wish they would of told me , had to run back out for fluid .. jack does exactly what i wanted im happy .. 

hope everyone is doing ok , 

Airborne 

I got a daytona 3ton low profile floor jack form there- really satisfied.  it lifts from like 3 inches to 24... $100 with coupon and comes with fluid

On 1/31/2019 at 6:13 AM, Frank Angerano said:

Looks great. Is it all done ?  Any more going on it ? Storage box for straps ? 

Been done, did it over the summer. Its a 5 X 8 so it only holds one machine and not practical to have a storage box. I keep the straps and towing gear in the vehicle.

My other trailer is a triton which holds two machines, the deck is flat, so it cannot have a storage box either.