Quantcast

Amity
Go to solution Solved by Amity,

I just got a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. The wiring is a bit of a mess. My question is I have a white wire and a black/yellow wire that aren’t connected to anything. They’re both located under the seat. The bk/y wire comes from where it splits I think 3 different ways. I’ve checked the diagram and I’m still having no luck. Also are the only wires connected to the ignition switch the brown and the white one? Any help it’s appreciated. Thanks. 183D4E2F-F6DB-4655-BF4B-F543FAD77DD5.thumb.jpeg.44079bf6245439c1bf1bff6adb870d41.jpeg56BE832B-C4A6-4CD6-82FA-B2752BD3BFCC.thumb.jpeg.d31708c14cc8526f9606a975d6844619.jpegF36192E1-A885-45E9-8815-2C761C674417.thumb.jpeg.f1501f5ed7bd84bea4003bbb35df3fd7.jpeg

90A6DAB7-F867-45ED-9162-FFEF39B5D478.jpeg

525DB20E-6EC2-4581-AC3A-58258FF938E0.jpeg

E0A0CF25-71CB-4ACC-891E-6EF48922CF21.jpeg

Just looked at a schematic , but not a very good one, don't know if it was exactly for your bike, but the B/Y and W both go to the ignition switch, and they also run throughout the harness with multiple connection points, it hard to determine exactly where the wires you are talking about are located. I will try to find a service manual with a better diagram.

I have the white wire that connects to the ignition.  The white one that I’m confused about is in the 4th pic I included. It’s located under the seat and is coming from a bundle of wires. The bk/y one is the wire you can also see in that pic which is frayed right now. I’m going to fix that but I’m not sure where it should connect to. 

• Solution

Finally got it going today. After I grounded the bk/y wire to the frame I noticed that the kill switch was actually backwards so it wasn’t allowing it to start. Flipped it as if I were going to have it stop and then it started right up.
The white wire is an accessory wire. 

thanks for the diagrams and all. I appreciate the help. They’re very useful. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Admin
      View File 1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      1984-85 Kawasaki Tecate ATC service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 03/24/2024 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By marlon smith
      1990 kawasaki bayou 300c idles fine but pops out exhaust and intake when trying to excel, will not take throttle past 1/4 , any one had this problem?
      have replaced carb twice, same thing, fresh built engine cylinder head, same as before, new spark plug, flywheel key is good, pulser test good, good spark