Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

rob627fire

Does anybody ride up in pennsylvania

does anybody ride up near tower city or rausch creek? or live in pa and wanna ride? where do you ride? i have a raptor 660 and my friend and my friend has a 350 lookin to get a couple people to go riding up in pa tower city interested?

I'm not pushing you away by any means but check this site out.

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Almost everyone on there is from that area of the country.

I ride in the Hazleton PA area (40 miles north of Tower City) Kinda cold here (13) today but I get out every weekend in the spring thru fall and will get out in the winter if it's not too cold

I'm not pushing you away by any means but check this site out.
This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Almost everyone on there is from that area of the country.

Yep, most of them ride RAC land near the former Rausch Creek track. TONS of coal trails and piles to play on. What part of NY are you from? I used to ride a state forest down past Harrisburg, but it's really not that great for us sport quad guys.

I ride in the NE PA area.

I used to ride at the "pay to ride" parks but I missed the days of riding for free (except for gas for towing and the bike plus lunch). The pay to ride parks prices were a bit salty. $35 a day to ride (and sharing the trails with monster 4x4's and huge rock crawlers) or $400 a year!!! The trails were actually built for the 4x4's but the owners found out they could make a lot more money letting ATVs in the park. Huge rocks everywhere. Mudholes that would swallow your bike in an instant. Just over all piss poor riding conditions. I also rode in the Hazelton, Hamburg, Allentown areas but those spots were illegal and my bike is a bit loud to be sneaking around. Then one day on a PA ATVing website I heard of this RAC program. I looked into it and found out the main riding area is an hour away from me!!!! AND...it only costs $100 a year! SA WHEAT!!! Since then Ive never cared to find other riding areas. The hour drive is a bit of a drag because it adds two hours to an already long day of riding. But, its one of the only places to legally ride and the riding is hard to beat!!

I never tried our state trails. One trail is about 45min from me but I heard the riding is absolutely terrible (especially for sport bikes).

I attended a couple of QuadFest events held at Mountain Ridge ATV Trails. Those were some of the best times of my life!! QuadFest is no more. It was great but it was starting to get too big for its own good. I would like to get back to the Moutain and ride their trails when there's not 5400 people riding around. I was just on their site and the main camping area is now covered with windmills. The vending area is in the middle of the windmills (see pic below)

100_1185.JPG

Edited by GeoD

I ride in PA as well. Im looking for some folks to ride with this summer. I been at all the State Park Runs last year, looking for some more to get into.

What part of the state are you in? We ride at least twice a month and even more in the summer. If you live close your more than welcome to come along.

What part of the state are you in? We ride at least twice a month and even more in the summer. If you live close your more than welcome to come along.

I am just north of York in Emigsville, right on 83.

We don't get down that way too much except for RAC. Centeral PA is where we usually ride. Just got back from whiskey springs and snow shoe is in the near future.

Also check out:

Tower City

Michaux

Sideling Hill

Martin Hill

It is rumored that the mountain will have a 'toned down" quad fest this year called "winddig". So far no confirmation.

Winddig is on:

will anyone be thinking about going?