fireman2828

2000 arctic cat 300 hard start and idle problem

2 posts in this topic

I have a 2000 arctic cat 300 4x4 quad. It has 960 miles on it. 1> Is the rear and front diff. supposed to be locked all the time, or did someone weld them?

2> The choke cable does not function. It is hard to start. when you do get it started, it blows white smoke and smells like gas, enough to make your eyes water at times. Will the choke cause this, or could this be a sticky needle valve?

3> Sometimes it Idles normal and then high and then back down.

When I bought it, it ran all right. Now when you take off and at full throttle it will start to sputter like it is chocking itself out. I'm hoping all this leads to the choke cable. By the way, how do you get the chock cable off. I can't fit a wrench on it. Sorry if any of this has been coverd and for the long post. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Brian....

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have a 2000 arctic cat 300 4x4 quad. It has 960 miles on it. 1> Is the rear and front diff. supposed to be locked all the time, or did someone weld them?

2> The choke cable does not function. It is hard to start. when you do get it started, it blows white smoke and smells like gas, enough to make your eyes water at times. Will the choke cause this, or could this be a sticky needle valve?

3> Sometimes it Idles normal and then high and then back down.

When I bought it, it ran all right. Now when you take off and at full throttle it will start to sputter like it is chocking itself out. I'm hoping all this leads to the choke cable. By the way, how do you get the chock cable off. I can't fit a wrench on it. Sorry if any of this has been coverd and for the long post. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Brian....

Thread title changed to a more descriptive title to get more response.

1. It should have selectable gear range and a 4X4 selector, does it?

2. Is the choke even working? Is the cable seized? It sounds like it's getting too much gas at start up..Are you sure it's not blue smoke from oil?

3. Reading this again, I think you should take that carb apart and inspect/rebuild.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.