Quantcast

topspeed

been a month or two since i posted. 2005 yfz 450. k and n filter, 15 tooth front sprocket, air box lid off, jetted carb, degreed exhaust cam back, gytr rev box, yosh pipe.....93 mph. very very strong. getting ready to upgrade to 07 clutch cover, oil squirter, and oil pump so i can go high compression. i'm completely hooked. this is my first quad....lol.

been a month or two since i posted. 2005 yfz 450. k and n filter, 15 tooth front sprocket, air box lid off, jetted carb, degreed exhaust cam back, gytr rev box, yosh pipe.....93 mph. very very strong. getting ready to upgrade to 07 clutch cover, oil squirter, and oil pump so i can go high compression. i'm completely hooked. this is my first quad....lol.

That is impressive! :yes:

been a month or two since i posted. 2005 yfz 450. k and n filter, 15 tooth front sprocket, air box lid off, jetted carb, degreed exhaust cam back, gytr rev box, yosh pipe.....93 mph.

I'm gonna have to see some proof on 93 mph. Not knocking your machine but it has pretty basic mods, a fully built 450 that runs the Baja 1000 MIGHT get up that fast and their mod list is about 20 pages. If you did hit 93, you have little or no acceleration due to the gearing.

How did you get clocked? I have a TRX450 with similar mods and I can top out at 80. I don't see the exhaust cam mod and a K&N adding an extra 13 mph.

• 2 months later...

i was clocked by car....somewhere between 90 and 93. and it's not just a cam mod and k and n. also have yosh pipe, of course it's jetted, 15 tooth front sprocket, and gytr cdi box. I was running 78 with just a k and n, jetting, and yosh pipe. rev limiter wouldn't let it go any faster.

now i have rejetted due to high compression upgrade and have a hotcam on the exhaust side(stage one) and running 1/2 112 octane and 93 pump gas. not really interested in checking top speed anymore. top speed is useless. but with the right tuning, before the high compression upgrade, 90mph is not hard to attain.

It might be possible to get it up to that speed with those mods, but like bot said, those are pretty basic mods, and not really sufficient to pull the tall gearing needed to get up to 90mph, and therefore accleleration and low end rideability are severely comprimised. I have a 90mph quad, and you need alot more power than that to properly handle that tall of gearing.

I don't know what else to tell you. Between the cam upgrade, the front sprocket, and cdi box, my yfz 450 is reaching 90. My raptor 700 tops out at 75 and I walk away from it on top end. I walk away from it everywhere, lol, but topend I leave behind pretty bad. Had my 450 at the sand drags yesterday with the new piston in it and my low end is not suffering at all. I don't know how to show you proof see as how there's no speedometer on the bike itself. Anyway, however fast it goes, it screams.

have some pics of my two bikes on facebook.

Til next time,

Chad Prestridge

The compression is going to make a big difference, I'm sure you noticed how much less sluggish it was on the bottom end. Like I said, 90+ possible yes, would that gearing be appropriate for a quad with the mods you listed at first, IMO, no. With the increased compression, probably not so bad. Also, I second that motion to post pics here, we want to see your toys.

how do i post pics?....i have some vids too

In the forum, within threads, you can use the image icon...read more here: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/learning-center/2796-how-insert-image-into-post.html

If you have a video on youtube, just copy the page url into the post.

Now, for your own phopto gallery and to show on your profile page, you can upload images here: Upload Photos

To upload a video, go here: Upload Videos

Hope that helps!

It could be a luck of the draw kinda motor. My 400ex stock the motor and carb was pulling so much air with the stock box it wouldnt get enough air I had to mod my air box and such to get more air to it. Just wasnt enough. I dont have much in the way of mods and I can keep it pretty well even with a modded about the same TRX450 and can pull on another TRX450. He has some things hurting him though but the other it actually keeps up with him in a drag and I havent even dropped in a cam or piston yet.