Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

nstahl7

2005 yamaha raptor 350 blowing fuses!

for some reason it is blowing fuses? but if i let it warm up for about 5 mins then ride there is no problems? anyone know why?

Yes, we need to know what fuse is blowing and for what circuit. Take a look at a wiring diagram:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2001 Quadrunner 500 Running Problems

Hi all, Picked this bike up about a month ago, and started doing some work on it. I ordered a carb kit from China, but got tired of waiting for it so I went to the bike shop today and picked up a Shindy rebuild kit. Took the carb out of soak, it has been in there for a month, blew all the ports out, cleaned what I could with a guitar string, used air as best I could to make sure everything was clear. After I was satisfied the body was clean I out the kit in it. Got the floats set to 13mm as per the manual (well 12.87 on one side and 12.92 on the other, so close), set the pilot to a little less than 2 1/2 turns out (manual says 2 3/8 turns). Put everything back together and tried to start it, it started and had a week idle. I tried adjusting the idle screw and as soon as I turned it the bike died. Backed it out and tried again, same result. Left it backed out, started it again and gave it some throttle. As soon as the throttle is touch the bike dies. Changed the spark plug for a new one and checked the spark, good and really strong. I am thinking that I have a bad petcock and am not getting enough fuel to the carburetor. So when I press the throttle I am increasing air but starving for fuel, bike can't run on air alone so it dies. Does this line of thinking make sense? I am gearing up a bottle with a fuel line in it, so I can try gravity feeding fuel to the carb, just have to wait for the silicone to dry so won't be able to test till tomorrow.  If it turns out to be a bad fuel valve, I will most likely just replace it with a universal one. If I go this route, what do I need to do with the breather line off the carburetor that used to go to the OEM petcock? Block it off or leave it open? Any help, answers or other ideas of things to check would be greatly appreciated. I have a fishing trip at the end of the month and would love to have my bike running by then. 

By Coyote251, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 11 replies
    • 2003 Arctic Cat 400 Auto 4x4 problems

Little history, when it would get hot it would loose power, backfire and quit. Let it sit for an hour and it would crank right up, that is why I suspect the coil is bad. It ran when I brought it home from hunting but now the starter isn’t working thus I’m thinking relay or fuse. Engine will turn over with pull start but won’t start. Also the winch solenoid just clicks but winch won’t work. I’ve replaced the rear axles, wheel bearings, brakes, ignition switch, tires carb rebuild and other stuff and I’m frustrated and tired of working on it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

By Brutus25, in Arctic Cat ATV Forum

• 2 replies
    • 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO Carb./Fuel Pump problems.

I have a problem with gas leaking out of the overflow tube on the carb when riding. I doesn't leak when the bike is just idling or if I rev it up while sitting still. The original carb had other problems to but could never get the float set correctly to stop the gas leak. I bought a new carb from China and it does the same thing, all adjustments were checked and changed if necessary. Giving up on that I bought a Mikuni carb off e-bay checked and installed it. Each of the carburetors were cleaned and O-rings replaced where needed. I didn't do anything to new carb except adjust pilot screw and float settings. Same problem. I found a post by     2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO Fuel Pump Started by Yoda, November 28, 2010 Talking about the fuel pump also controlling amount of fuel in carb. Does anyone think this could be my problem? How can I test this without fuel pressure gauge. Thanks Merry Christmas to all.     

By JunkerG, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Suzuki King Quad 300 Running Problems

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and hope that someone out there can help me, I have an early Suzuki King Quad 300 (280cc) which starts intstantly every time but at about half revs or there abouts it starts spluttering and will not rev any higher, this fault is present whether choke is applied or not, some one suggested that silencer maybe be clogged so removed baffle but no improvement have removed carb and stripped 3 times but still no joy. Any ideas would be most welcome. Cheers Rob

By lanow, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 22 replies
    • Turkey Season Is A Good Reason To Get That SxS Prepared For Battle!

ride Beat by a mountain gobbler! This journey takes us into the woods with some friends for four days in the Tennessee mountains. Our goal: to chase those big gobblers in our SxS! View the full article

By ATVNetwork, in ATV News, Articles & Press Releases

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      Was using the quad the other day to shuttle wood from my pickup to my wood pile.  When the job was done I turned off the Quad and heard a bit of a racket from the front end.  When I got down underneath the sound seemed to be coming from the fan housing.  fan was moving in spurts and not quickly... much like a computer case fan that's had it's day.  What I know.
      Temp sensor is ok, as the fan tries to activate fan is getting some voltage as it is attempting to spin.  When I first bought it used I tested the fan direct to battery and it was fine. The fan was working ok even not direct wired as I went on a couple of rides and when stopped and idling the fan did run Seems to be free spinning with my finger read up in the manual and they require me to drop the rad.  now I'm not opposed to that as the rad has some damaged areas I want to try and straighten out.  But if I can get the fan working without, I can leave the rad as it is until next year.
      Fan assembly is about 300 bills, any work arounds or alternatives?  I even thought large computer case brushless fan.  smaller ones are about $7 larger ones better quality probably far below the 300.  They run standard 12v DC.
      Anything I should be doing before dropping the rad... other than check for obstructions even though it seems to spin, and trying to hardwire it to the battery again for a test to see if it acts the same?
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.