Quantcast

2007 TRX450ER Blowing Main Fuses

So I will describe my last 2 rides so you know what the conditions were. The first was my last race, very wet and muddy, no crashes. She ran like a raped ape, no problems at all. The next ride was some trail riding that was wet and very rocky. I bounced off of a rock pretty good on my belly skid plate. I stopped to check for damage, none, then I turn my key back to start and I lose all electrical.

I was able to pop start it and get it back to the truck. I find later that the main fuse is blown, replace it. The quad starts up just fine everything is gravy. Several hours later I turn the key on again and blow the fuse instantly. There was no riding or bouncing between the 2 starts.

:aargh:WHY?

If it's in the shop...they should be able to find it. It might be your starter causing a huge load when you turn the key to start it. Disconnect the cable/connectors from the starter and turn that key on..see if the fuse blows. if it doesn't blow, your starter is the issue.

I found the problem, after 2 weeks in the shop, they found nothing. I went and got it from them and took it to my racing buddy. In 15 minutes he determined that I need a new start button. The spring has collapsed causing the contacts in there to short out.

That's good troubleshooting by your friend! :yes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Winchester300

disconnect either side of your battery and put a voltmeter, yes voltmeter in series with the side you disconnected. IF you see a voltage that is not good. Start pulling fuses one at a time until the voltage is no longer present on the voltmeter, once you have identified where you can then narrow it down to what. I really hope this helps you out, I have used it on automobiles several times.

• 1 month later...