Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jhnmor

2007 Yamaha 350 Raptor dies when you give it Gas

I just cleaned out the jets on my 350 07 Raptor. It starts up great and idles great. I give it gas and it dies. I heard it coul be a short on the Clutch switch. What else could be the problem

Thanks

It sounds to me like there is a fuel shortage. Are you sure you are getting gas when revving?

Check the float adjustment and vent tubes on the carb. I too think the problem could be lack of fuel. If the jets were clogged, then the rest of the carb probably needs to be cleaned too. Take it completely apart and clean everything. There is a rubber diaphragm in the side of the carb too, make sure it is not torn, and be careful when cleaning it. As far as the clutch switch goes, I have heard alot of things about these machines as far as faulty switches causing wierd problems, so it is worth looking into.

Most likely the carb, it may have got a tiny particle of dirt in it when you changed the jet just take it apart and spray it down with WD40 if you have never taken a carb aparts its a lot easier than you think you can do it, if its not that then its something in the fuel lines, i have had this problem on many of my bikes, its almost always dirt carb, on my raptor it had to do with the on/off valve i had to get a new one some stupid design thing but good luck

~Alex

I've had an issue with my 2003 Yamaha Warrior after i rolled it, it would start up and idle all day no problems, but when you give it gas it sounds like it wants to die. The parking brake switch had become shorted out. Had to replace it. But it does sound like an accelerator plunger (if its equiped like my Mikuni 36mm) or jets. Blow air through all of your jets, if you don't have compressed air, I used brake cleaner on everything in my carburetor and watched for it to squirt out the other side.

I forgot to mention, I soaked my carb in carb dip/chem dip, for at least 2 hours after taking all rubber grommets, o-rings, and plastic off. I let the throttle linkage slide, because its a pain to put it all back together, with the winding of the springs and all that.

Edited by calypsoaz
Forgot info :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By FlyingJBIRD
      I've bought a used 2007 Polaris Phoenix 200... it's in pretty good shape... but after it starts, warms up, a few minutes of my son riding around yard it will die... it refuses to start back until the next day, then same thing again... I've seen this is a problem but haven't found any real answers... my son is driving me crazy to get him back riding... any help is greatly appreciated...
    • By Gary Patch
      Hi can anyone help  my 2008 linhai quadzilla 300 is clutch is not doing its job properly the drive is engaging at idle speed slightly    Can I adjust this and if so how thanks
    • By Steven E
      Hi
      Anyone else with a 2017 sportsman with EPS, experiencing hard lock up with the CVT clutches.
      As compared to my friends 2006 Polaris 500 HO they seem to be a lot smoother engagement.
      Any ideas or is this normal for this model.   
    • By Zach Jump
      Hello...first post.
      Have a problem I have not been able to figure out.  
      While back the fuel pump went out...replaced it.  I got maybe 30 minutes..maybe less before the new one went out.
      Replaced it again...same thing. Now I am sitting with two more new fuel pumps in reserve but do not want to experiment and blow out another until I have a clue of what could be wrong.
      Have checked electrical...seems to be fine but I am no expert. Also the fuse is just fine.
    • By StolenATV
      Somebody came to buy it and drove off with it.
      The post Blue And Black Yamaha Raptor 700R appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By dyyjrr9
      I just got a 1991 Yamaha Moto 4 for my son and I am looking for a service repair manual. I know that the timing chain needs replaced.
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Life got the best of me this year and to make a long story short my '11 Grizz 700 has a half tank of gas (w/ no stabilizer) and hasn't been started for around 9 or 10 months. I have apologized to it and promised this will never happen again, but in the meantime I'm faced with what to do to remedy the problem. Ideally I suppose I should get the tank off and drain the gas, replacing with non-EtOH gas (which thankfully I just found in my area).
      Any advice on how to get this done (draining the tank) or how difficult it might be?
    • By alexcross324
      Hi all, my second post here
      I got an old Yamaha 88 moto 4 and I have a problem with my overflow hose from the carb.
      When I put the gas switch to ON a big amount of gas is leaking from the overflow...so I start using my quad with the gas switch to RESERVE wich is also leaking but less than in ON position.
      I dont ride a lot..but in a week I empty my gas tank.
      Strange.
      I never clean my carb because Im new to quad world and dont have the service manual...so I need you point of view.
      Thanks guys!