Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2003 Kodiak Air Filter Box Replacement / Modifications

DPDISXR4Ti

Am I missing something, or is the lower air-box all but impossible to replace once it's been removed? I guess in hindsight maybe I didn't need to remove it to get the carb out, but it's out now, and doesn't want to go back.

I'm considering cutting out an inch from the back and making it shorter, but obviously that won't be a quick task. Might be easier to just get an after-market filter and get rid of the box, but I really hadn't planned on that.

Suggestions???

Dream Car Giveaway
Well, whatever you do, good luck with it. I hope you can get it back in there somehow.

Ironically enough, I was getting this done about the same time you posted this yesterday! I clipped the rear tang off the lower air-box - it doesn't even get fastened any way, so all it mostly does is gets in the way when re-installing.

The other "trick" was to pull the forward hose clamp back - the one that fastens the inlet hose to the carb. I did this since you have to have the hose attached to the air-box when installing, and you really have to mash the snot out of that hose as a result. Once you get everything positioned in place, you pull the hose clamp forward into place and tighten.

Glad I didn't have to cut it - hope I don't have to pull the box again any time soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TRUE69
      I just purchased the ATV and it run really rough with the breather filter on and lid on the breather box. Once I take the lid off and remove the filter it runs better but it backfires through the carb.
      What could I do to fix this.
      The carb is fairly new.
      And I put high grade non ethanol gas in it hoping it would help some.
    • By Ironworker709
      I recently got a great deal on a 2001 Big Bear 400 4x4.it sat in a barn for 2 years while the guy was in college,so it need carb work...got it to use around the property,not racing or anything crazy with it
      It runs GREAT and strong..no smoke or funny noises,just seems to have an issue at times ,when you hit the throttle it want's to die ,most of the time it runs strong.
      So am debating a rebuild kit or new oem carb...i got to looking around really good yesterday and found this broke off..( the bent tube where the pencil is pointing).... is this a part that comes with a new carb?..if not,,where can i get the part?
      I found a diagram online but it does not show the bent tube with a nut on it but says it a "Starter set" in the diagram(Number 21 in the diagram)
      I checked the petcock and it is getting plenty of fuel flow..but it has the common drip leak..so i am ordering a new one,..was going to get the seal kit but for the price it is about the same price as a whole new petcock
      Just trying to figure out where i can get this part for repair

• By quadandy
      Hey guys! Stoked to be here because ive found its pretty hard to get help for mini quads
      I recently bought a mini quad (it's a piece of poop so i have no clue the make) and it ran perfectly fine. I was running it a few weeks ago all day and it worked fine and the next day when i went to start it, the kickstart bar was super hard to push down but i could still do it, then it would skip and finish off hard to push down.
      I have fairly intermediate mechanic abilities so i was able to pull off the cover and start playing around. it seems the kickstart spring is fine but i noticed a bunch of metal shavings. long story short i posted pictures and took a video of how things are kind of running. i assume the gears started grinding and now they wont catch fully, hence the skipping?  
      Also, im aware the main gear on the left has broken teeth, i found out the hard way when i tried to take off the nut and the teeth broke.
      IMG_7447.MOV IMG_7445.HEIC IMG_7446.HEIC
    • By GreenThumb914
      Hi HiSun Forum Group.
      I am a new member looking for some guidance on how to properly adjust the carburetor.  My general (and maybe flawed) understanding is that there is supposed to be both a Fuel side and an Air side adjustment screw on most Quad & Side by Side carbs. My HiSun 700 seems to have finger-spin idle adjusting screw  (easily accessible on the driver's side of the carb) and a Carburetor Pilot Screw (not easily accessible, directly underneath the carb but above the engine head).  My instinct tells me that the Pilot screw is for adjusting the Fuel as it is on the Fuel side of the Carb.  I don't see any adjusting screws on the Air side of the carb.  I've adjusted the pilot screw several times but never successfully eliminating the back-fire upon deceleration issue.  Any intel on my apparently missing Air adjusting screw and or back-fire issue is greatly appreciated.
      Additional notes: My spark plug and fuel filter is new and I only use non-ethanol fuel. Manufacturer of the motor is Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Co., Ltd. Engine Family: 8TMTX.700A10
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By AndrewUK
      I'm fitting a new carb on my King Quad LTF300. From China. Only one I could find in UK. I think it should have 2 vacuum ports.
      The vacuum port for the petcock is silver coloured. I can feel the pulsing vacuum. Putting the tube to the petcock there operates the petcock100% perfectly.
      I can't identify the vacuum port for the fuel pump. The new carb is identical to the old EXCEPT that in what I think is the 2nd old fuel vacuum position is a brass upright port with a very small hole. When running, there is no vacuum I can feel and putting the fuel pump vacuum line there does not give a decent fuel flow - only a small trickle.
      Is this the fuel pump vacuum port - see photo?
      The carb came with a silver coloured screw-ended 1.5 inch long loose port in the box. See photo. Is it intended that you unscrew the brass port somehow and put in the silver one?
      I'd really appreciate your help At the moment I can only do 10mph in a stuttering fashion on the level!
      Andrew
      Devon UK
      and put in the silver one?

• Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images