Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

PolarisRich

What do you keep in your tool/storage box?

I'm fairly new to atving and I'm going on a trip at the end of the month with a few seasoned veteran. I don't want to be "that guy" you know, the guy that doesn't bring any tools and has to rely on everyone else to help fix his bike.

So my question to all you Quadcrazies is....

What to you keep in your storage and tool boxes?

What I have-

-Basic hand tools (screw drivers, plyers, hammer)

-Socket set

-Rain Gear

-Can of Ether

-Water proof lighter

-20 ft 6000lb tow rop (because I dont have a winch yet)

So what else do I need?

A good tire repair kit with tire plugs, patches, CO2 cartriges, tools, rubber cement can be bought in one convenient kit for fairly cheap. I've had to use mine more than once. Most valuable item in my opinion.

Tow strap, Small 12v air compressor, the tool kit that came with my quad, Folding pruning saw & tire plug kit.

A roll of electrical tape, zip ties, flashlight, spare fuses.

There is a kit out there for like $20 that gives you a bottle of slime and a compressor. Get that along with a plug kit as well.

Mike

Aside from the all in one mechanics kits and a inch pound torque wrench i have a 12v inflator, tire plug kit electrical tape 12 v test light zipties mini sledge hammer selection of chems (wd40 brake cleaner dielectic grease) rags 1 ton comealong and about 500 ft of Muletape. Also gatorade water and nutrigrain bars first aid kit. Seems like overkill for St Clair but i do ride alone. Also i printed out the honda service manual and keep a copy in the truck. Most of this stuff fits in the plastic toolboxes from home depot

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

100% right on the Advil. I had a headache ruin one of my rides up north. I had to stop riding and rest for a few hours because I couldn't stand having my helmet on with a pounding headache.

Nice suggestions, keep em coming.

The list gets updated every year but for the most part the basics are still there.

Here is what I carry on the ATV:

Air compressor

Tire plug kits

Tie downs

Registration/ Insurance

Sockets

Wipes

Torx wrench

2 bungee cords

Spare fuses

Ratchet straps

Hammer

Dual screwdriver

Vice grip

Zip ties

Spark plugs

Duck tape

Razor

Flashlight

Rag

Ponchos

Tissues

Hose tape

Electrical tape

First aid kit

Spark plug socket with extension

And on the SXS:

Air compressor

Tire plug kits

Tie downs

Registration/ Insurance

Sockets

Wipes

Torx wrench

2 bungee cords

Spare fuses

Ratchet straps

Hammer

Dual screwdriver

Vice grip

Zip ties

Spark plugs

Duck tape

Razor

Flashlight

Rag

Ponchos

Tissues

Hose tape

Electrical tape

First aid kit

Jumper cables

Jack

Tire iron

Saw (folding)

Work gloves

Syphon

Large Phillips screwdriver

Large Standard screwdriver

i keep an empty coke bottle to get water to put in the radiator if i ever have a over heating problem ... along with most of the other items mentioned ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.