Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

myork1967

1999 Polaris 400 Sport Pulls Right, Wheel Alignment?

I just purchased a 1999 Polaris 400 sport. I noticed that when riding, I have to stear to the to the right a bit to get it to go straight.

I have looked and it appars that the tires are fine, but I am thinking and God I hope I am wrong, is that the steering post is bent. (The bars were when i got these 2 inches to far to the right...)

If in worse case, how much of a pain in the rear (work wise and pocket) would it be to get this corrected?

Everything else runs like a beast....

My boy called and said that one of the bushings going into the rear of the right side A arm is busted. From what it looks like, they smacked something hard. There is some damage to the rightside rim.

I am thinking it's a combination of that and maybe a bent tie rod. I am going to "attempt" to adjust it hopefully tonight.....

Edit: You Beat me to the answer. Get that bushing replaced if it is damaged.

I would measure the toe in on the tie rods. Maybe it is just out of alignment. You can also fix the problem by adjusting the tie rod ends and leave the stem twisted. The owners manual should state the exact toe in but I keep fooling with mine until it rides the way I want it to.

Edited by swampcat07

If the bushing is bad you need to replace it. and then try to algin the front end make sure if you adjust the tie rod make sure each threaded end has enough threads in the adjustment sleeve. If the tie rod is bent that means your going to be increasing it's length you don't want one end hanging onto just a few threads and hit a bump or jump and have it come apart. It's better to fix it right and be safe if it's bent I would replace it for safety reasons.

If the bushing is bad you need to replace it. and then try to algin the front end make sure if you adjust the tie rod make sure each threaded end has enough threads in the adjustment sleeve. If the tie rod is bent that means your going to be increasing it's length you don't want one end hanging onto just a few threads and hit a bump or jump and have it come apart. It's better to fix it right and be safe if it's bent I would replace it for safety reasons.

What he said :iagreec:

You may want to check the air pressure in the rear tires to make sure they are the same. If one has allot more air then the other it will pull hard to one side when you give r the gas. had a guy drive an hour to have me fix his quad and thats all it was! good luck Todd Polarisatvrepair.com

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.