Quantcast

Where do you get your parts

wegtech

I had to give up on getting parts from the local dealer.I needed a oil filter for my arctic cat 300 which you need a o-ring on the cover when changing.They had the filter but no o-ring which they could order and have it in about a week.And this was at a shop that had service also,so what do they do if someone has a machine in there for service wait.So instead I just paid the shipping and ordered it on line instead of burning gas chasing parts.So the question is this pretty much the norm now,and if so who do you think the best online parts supplier is?

i buy alot of stuff from ebay... you just gotta find some 1 on there that reliable and then stick with them ... i buy alot of stuff on there from seller name (sledpartsguy) he is in michigan and is a dealer for alot of brands of atv's and snowmobiles... i also use .. Motorcycle Parts & Gear – Dirt Bike/MX, ATV, Street Bike & Motorcycle Accessories | MotoSport they sell most factory parts if ya need stock stuff ...

I have bought parts off ebay after taking the sellers feed back rating into account.But my last online parts purchase the shipping costs of over 15 dollars for some carb. parts was a little high.weight the box when I got it 7.5 oz.Trying a another supplier who has a flat rate of$9.95 see how well they do.

• 4 weeks later...

I will have to try Bike Bandit next time.The outfit called Dirt Cheap Atv parts out of Rexberg Id.Which I ordered some parts from,I get the impression they have no stock and they order the parts you order from their supplier ,which would explain the two week shipping.Well you hopefully I will know better next time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By BruceG
      Hi guys. I have a problem where the quad will start and run well for about 5 minutes and then it dies. On inspection the airbox has oil in it (quite a lot). The oil is pumping through the cylinder head breather hose. This problem first happened suddenly. I have since done the top end including, piston, gaskets, rings and valves. I have also done the carb (not that I thought that this was the problem). The compression seems normal. The only thing that I can think of, is that I did not grind the valves well enough. Anyone experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? Any other thoughts?
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Louznmemind
      Howdy y'all, I'm trying to fix a neighbors 2015 Brute Force 300. Came in with hard to start and won't idle except on choke issue. I pulled the carb and found the pilot jet as well as the emulsion tube partially clogged. Cleaned up everything, put it back together, still having issues...  It will start right up on choke and will also start off choke if you give it just a touch of throttle but it absolutely will not idle unless it's choked just a touch. Also, excuse my ignorance but I'm assuming the "dial" thingy attached to the carb that turns in and out is for setting idle?? 
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.