Quantcast

I broke my butt *literally*

yes, i had a stupid accident.

No, i was not trying to do a wheelie. (now i really wished i had started practicing!)

The details of how it went down are a little fuzzy, but i was riding up to an old foundation. the dirt has settled quite a bit since last time i saw the area. now i know why we usually only go down that way and not up. i got bucked up on top then the bike made a quick left. one set of tracks confirm high-side fling action.

i landed on my back side, and have a hairline fracture on left side of sacrum (just above tail bone). my helmet slammed on the ground giving me a slight concussion, and the heavy riding boots helped twist my left knee. i wished my chest protector was much longer!

i'm afraid i will be out for a while. i hear these butt bones take a long time to heal. idk when i will even be able to sit on my daughter's bike with her. :(

my parents are pissed off and cant understand why we still want to ride after

my husband's 2 shoulder surgeries

our friend passing away

and now this.

my mom and i are barely speaking. the mother's day BBQ should be fun!

okay, must rest now...

At least you guys go out and do what you enjoy. Yes its safe to watch tv on a couch but what does that do for your brain? Atvs are like pitbulls, the general public thinks atv riders are an insane bunch. Ive been riding for 27 years and can say i had alot of close calls. People around me frown on atvs but i dont care. id rather live a short life getting thrown off a quad than a longer life of work, eat, sleep and repeat. My father did the latter and is now a retired angry miserable man with no hobbies. Get back on that steel horse and ride!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

At least you guys go out and do what you enjoy. Yes its safe to watch tv on a couch but what does that do for your brain? Atvs are like pitbulls, the general public thinks atv riders are an insane bunch. Ive been riding for 27 years and can say i had alot of close calls. People around me frown on atvs but i dont care. id rather live a short life getting thrown off a quad than a longer life of work, eat, sleep and repeat. My father did the latter and is now a retired angry miserable man with no hobbies. Get back on that steel horse and ride!!!

i agree people don t understand that sometimes things happen. you just have to learn what to do or what not to do next time. i ve had lots of close calls too. you just learn from your mistakes and move on. keep riding , one little wreck doesn t mean you have to quit riding. you have just as big of a chance getting hurt driving down the road in a car as you do a quad. i hope you can have a speedy recovery so you can get out and ride with your little girl again.

i cant wait to do just that! It might be a while before it is comfortable.

i agree people don t understand that sometimes things happen. you just have to learn what to do or what not to do next time. i ve had lots of close calls too. you just learn from your mistakes and move on. keep riding , one little wreck doesn t mean you have to quit riding. you have just as big of a chance getting hurt driving down the road in a car as you do a quad. i hope you can have a speedy recovery so you can get out and ride with your little girl again.

it is nice to get feedback from people who understand. it was a really stupid accident and regret that it happened. i feel like my skills are better than that, or i just should have avoided that area all together.

live and learn, right?

i too had a similar accident...."un quad related" however. this has been several years ago and many accidents later but, i have found that sitting for extended periods of time, such as a 6 hour flight, really bugs my bottom! You will be fine to get on the bike with ur daughter! no worries there! but you may have to go all old fogie and get an upgrade to a softer seat! lol! good luck to ya. hope u heal up soon!

:cheers2c:

it is nice to get feedback from people who understand. it was a really stupid accident and regret that it happened. i feel like my skills are better than that, or i just should have avoided that area all together.

live and learn, right?

thats how you learn . you can t wreck and be done . you have to get back on and remember not to do it again or try and conquer it. if everyone quit when they wrecked nobody would be riding. sh** happens weather you cause it or not. its the best way to learn. hope you recover quickly so you can get out and ride again.

Jeeze Nina, sure hope your tail is better soon!! Agreed you just gotta get back on and ride some more when you feel better,,it's all a learning game,,my butt was sore from the horse bucking me off for about a month!! Hope yours does not last that long! :wink:

live and learn, right?

accidents happen, don't be so hard on yourself. :yes: I have a lot of unexpected deceleration moments, unexpected gravitational pull variances, and some other unexpected planetary involvment incidents :aargh:. The only thing I really learned was how to fall better, because I know it is gonna happen again.:laugh: Wear safety gear, stay alert and be ready for the unexpected. Ride to have fun and you will have fun riding.:biggrin:

accidents happen, don't be so hard on yourself. :yes: I have a lot of unexpected deceleration moments, unexpected gravitational pull variances, and some other unexpected planetary involvment incidents :aargh:. The only thing I really learned was how to fall better, because I know it is gonna happen again.:laugh: Wear safety gear, stay alert and be ready for the unexpected. Ride to have fun and you will have fun riding.:biggrin:

Well put Wylde . sometimes the best thing to do is fall in style. make it look good. then try again. LOL

Jeeze Nina, sure hope your tail is better soon!! Agreed you just gotta get back on and ride some more when you feel better,,it's all a learning game,,my butt was sore from the horse bucking me off for about a month!! Hope yours does not last that long! :wink:

someone else told me it took 2 years to sit pain free! i like the sound of a month better!

i like that...must share :)

i broke my a$$ on a two wheeler street bike, wasn't fun, but i made out ok. went to hospital and peed blood, then drank a bunch of chalk and was made to lie still on a machine that moved and swung on the top of me, (can't remember what it was called). end result was cracked tailbone and bruised kidneys, it took a month to feel good enough to go back to work but couldn't sit with both checks planted. i think it was about 2-3 months when that happened, and i was told by the doctors that i would never be able to sit comfortably again, but i have been fine 25+ years later ....

and that's a great analogy wylde1 :laugh:

:laugh:thats a good one. I am a long way from a philosipher. Just a dude that likes to have a good time.:biggrinjesterc::cheer:

you have to have a good time otherwise whats the point. can t worry about if something might happen because you never know. ya you might not make it up that hill and end up rolling down it but how will you ever know unless you try.

"it's late, i'm tired but i don't wanna sleep, i wanna have fun......it's time for a good time!" wylde1 ur a diamond in the rough!

I am a little too old to get polished up now. I think what they call it at this point is like my parents say. " you are so set in your ways".:aargh:

Hey Nina!!!! Are you felling any better yet? I hope so at least a little.

today is my follow up dr appt. still in pain, but i have been lucky to take time off and rest. ready to get out of my bed! the days have been flying by until now...come on 1:30 dr appt!

(must get back to work before the figure out how to manage w/o me)

today is my follow up dr appt. still in pain, but i have been lucky to take time off and rest. ready to get out of my bed! the days have been flying by until now...come on 1:30 dr appt!

(must get back to work before the figure out how to manage w/o me)

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Autoline transport, a licensed and bonded auto shipping company, offers door to door auto transport to anywhere in the continental US. Please contact us anytime to receive a free instant auto shipping quote to ship your Automobile, Truck, Motorcycle, or Boat. Call us at 800.991.2187 or Email [email protected]. We are here 7 days a week to assist you for all your auto shipping needs..

AutoLine Auto Transport

And just what the hell does that have to do with Nina breaking her a$$? :aargh::laugh: