Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Wet No Power

ladykingquad

I need some advice on my 700 kingquad. I recently went out into some deep water (not sure if this is the issue or not) I did not submerge past the seat all the way, however I did wheelie out of it with the back end submerged for 5 seconds. I realized after I did this that you could hear the engine going up in rpm's but there was no power to the wheels after a point. You could only hear the whailing of the engine. Could someone lead me in the right direction... basic knowledge would be to check air filter, belt housing for water, spark plug. Otherwise I am at a loss. Thanks in advance!

Dream Car Giveaway

I would look into all the fluids, oils etc see if any water got into the crankcase or through the air filter and any other oil filled parts of the bike, maybe change the fluids anyway just to be safe.  Only other thing ithats left is electronics check all the plugs maybe open them up and use a leaf blower to clear any residual water from the fuse block and all electronic parts.  

• Like 1

Your revs going up  and no drive  power to the wheels was because your  CVT transmission belt  and clutches got wet.  It  doesn't take a  lot of water  entering the housing and wetting the  belt to  make it slip .  CVT transmissions  drive on the  sides of the  drive  belt .. Since the  clutches  are  smooth, they  lose  grip  on the  belt when  wet ..As soon  as  the clutches  and  belt   start drying they  regain their  grip.  A  worn belt  will  slip  much quicker than a new one since it is narrower  due to the  wear  on the sides as it  is  used.

Definitely  check all  the  fluids for water that  may  have  entered through the  various vents on the   differentials,  transmission and motor.

• Like 3

• Ajmboy changed the title to 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Wet No Power
On 1/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, davefrombc said:

Your revs going up  and no drive  power to the wheels was because your  CVT transmission belt  and clutches got wet.  It  doesn't take a  lot of water  entering the housing and wetting the  belt to  make it slip .  CVT transmissions  drive on the  sides of the  drive  belt .. Since the  clutches  are  smooth, they  lose  grip  on the  belt when  wet ..As soon  as  the clutches  and  belt   start drying they  regain their  grip.  A  worn belt  will  slip  much quicker than a new one since it is narrower  due to the  wear  on the sides as it  is  used.

Definitely  check all  the  fluids for water that  may  have  entered through the  various vents on the   differentials,  transmission and motor.

This is exactly what probably happened and has happened to me a few times. There should be a plug to release the water on the bottom of the belt housing. See #4 in the diagram below:

image.png.e4c2a41050ef6cfe99bf6cb65173a880.png

If you need the manual, there is one here:

* Manufacturer and issue added to topic title.

• Like 2