Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

TRX300 Deer Getter

1993 Honda TRX300 No Spark

Hey all,

First time poster here.  I have a '93 TRX300 with no spark.  Measuring 100 volts pulsing at the coil then declining down to 90, 80, 70, 60 and so on.  I assume it's the coil.  If there's voltage to the coil then everything else should be in working order, right?

Thanks for your help,

Deer Getter

Sounds like it could be the coil. They are

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.
, I would try and swap it out to see.

Honda TRX300 Ignition Coil

* Added ATV year and manufacturer to topic title.

• Like 1

I haven't checked anything upstream of the coil because i'm getting voltage to the coil.  I just don't have a repair manual so I don't know what voltage i should expect.  I ordered a coil from amazon so if that doesn't work i'll start more diagnosis.   

I had a no spark issue and it ended up being a R/B wire that was not connected on the main harness - if you've shaken down everything else already might want to look for wiring gremlins.

I just fixed my 1993 Honda 300fw four trax.    Replaced the  i c m  ECM or what ever it is called.  Computer module.   Unit rides in a little harness right in front of the steering column.   Remove front cowling and replace  Very easy to do.   Was getting no spark.   Replace the module and bingo.  Cranked right up.