Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I received this set this week and used them. 

Could not be happier.  You strip the wires put them into the connector and hit them with some heat.   The tube shrinks and has a gasket material that melts and surrounds the wires, then there is a strip of soft solder that melts as well connecting the wires.  

Very strong. 

👍🏻

50 pcs Solder Seal Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Electrical Marine Automotive Waterproof Wire Splice Insulated Connector Kit 26 24 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 Gauge AWG https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LK2YJQC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RZ-GCb3N1M9Q1

• Like 3

Dude. That s pretty sweet. Good invention.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:
I received this set this week and used them. 
Could not be happier.  You strip the wires put them into the connector and hit them with some heat.   The tube shrinks and has a gasket material that melts and surrounds the wires, then there is a strip of soft solder that melts as well connecting the wires.  
Very strong. 

50 pcs Solder Seal Heat Shrink Butt Connectors Electrical Marine Automotive Waterproof Wire Splice Insulated Connector Kit 26 24 22 20 18 16 14 12 10 Gauge AWG https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LK2YJQC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RZ-GCb3N1M9Q1

I'm getting those.... thanks for posting the link...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is a great tip!!!  The heat active adhesive used makes a great seal  I've used marine grade heat shrink connectors (splice an mating) for the past ~6 years with our boat, and not a single issue related to the connector with steady salt water exposure.

Note:  Make sure you line everything up well.  The heat activated glue doesn't let go once adhered.......not an issue of you have plenty of conductor length, just cut it off.  If you're short on wire, prepare accordingly.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tahj
      I bought a 2003 Recon from a kid that beat it – all plastics cracked etc, When I replaced the rear brake the inside – axle, rear oil  - were clean and in good shape, so I think Honda won the kid vs quad battle.
      It shifts a little clunky (I made the adjustment) and after riding for a while I get a hot friction material smell I wonder if he used the wrong oil and if any damage was done.
    • By w_r_e
      My scrap heap rescue '87 LT4WD has been running great until a couple days ago when the electric start started clicking instead of starting. Click is coming from the front so I got a new solenoid to try that (battery is showing 12.9 volts and is almost new so I doubt its battery). But like an idiot I pulled off the old wires without even noting what goes where.
      Now the battery cables I know, it lines up with the battery terminals. + on the right, ground on the  left if you're looking at the solenoid. But as for the the smaller wires that run to the starter switch, i have no clue. Help!
    • By Steve Simpson
      Any suggestions on where to buy new parts want new jug piston rings would like to go wiesco big bore 
    • By joninak
      Well, it overheated then started blowing white smoke!!
      I have it torn down & the cylinder appears to be warped. Going to have the head checked out next but in the meanwhile... Does anyone have the torque sequence/specs for the head bolts??
      TIA

• By Thomas Brooks
      Hi all,
      I apologize if these have been discussed in the past. I just wanted to get this posted out here real quick, then will try searching through the forum tonight. So, I have a 2017 Sportsman 570 X2, with EPS and EBS. I have the following problems/challenges and am curious if I am not alone, and if any solutions have been found.
      EBS - Holy cow! The engine braking system is so strong that Active Decent Control doesn't even seem necessary. On deceleration, it actually causes the tires to slide on dirt and asphalt! I have had the ATV for a little over a year and don't use it often. It probably has 30-50 hours on it.
      Transfer Case/Transmission - I use a tow behind trimmer mower on my Very steep hill. It is not particularly heavy. While rolling downhill, I am usually in 4x4 (not with ADC, usually). The transfer case and/or transmission will suddenly pop into a neutral state. The shift lever and 4x4 switch do not move, of course. I am able to get it stopped with the brakes. Once stopped, It seems like it is engaged into gear again. That's without moving, shifting or changing anything. I do have a case open with Polaris on this one.
      Heat - The ATV runs very hot. I generally use it at low speeds with a load behind it. The load is never terribly heavy. It's usually a garbage can, trimmer mower, driveway grader, trailer with a small load of firewood, etc. 

Bonus Question! I will post this to general too. I am a motorcyclist, riding on/off road for over 30 years. This is my 1st ATV, however. How in the heck am I supposed to operate the thumb throttle while at a full right turn? This is generally while trying to make a U-Turn. I tend to roll my hand over the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It seems very choppy, especially with the engine braking. 

Thanks!
      Thomas