Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Fog and Snow - 15 Apr 2019

4 hours ago, mikeexplorer said:

Looks like you were riding some roads that are not winter maintained. Although the one part was short, it looked like you were riding an old railroad grade.

Winter is long gone here in the east.

You are correct. They close this mountain pass road for the winter, then groom it for the sledders. And to get to where I like to play I have to ride this road for a ways. I do get off the trail as much as I can before I get to the area I so enjoy. But it's all good, sometimes they don't get the groomer out & then the road can be real challenging with all the drifts that get blown around up there. But no railroad grade in that area ...

I did one more ride after this one & even thou there was still 8 ft of snow up on top, the lower elevation snow was gone, so my season ended back on 17 Apr. There's still lots of snow up there & it'll be mid June before I get up in that area on tires, so ............ PRAY FOR SNOW !!! .......... WOO HOO !!!

Glad you enjoyed the video MikeExplorer Guy, and THANKS for check'in it out too ... it's much appreciated !!!

Son of a gunny! At it again.  Great ride my man. Old man winter won’t let up blessing you with the white stuff.  Great video.  

I need you to make a video with the soundtrack to the movie top gun! Between the pilot looking helmet and the top cam view it would work out great.   😂

Question: Summer time what do you do swap out the tracks for tires ? Or do you keep them all year round? 

Keep em coming @Gunny ! 

Ride safe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Son of a gunny! At it again.  Great ride my man. Old man winter won’t let up blessing you with the white stuff.  Great video.  

I need you to make a video with the soundtrack to the movie top gun! Between the pilot looking helmet and the top cam view it would work out great.   😂

Question: Summer time what do you do swap out the tracks for tires ? Or do you keep them all year round? 

Keep em coming @Gunny ! 

Ride safe. 

YEAH BUDDY !!!  :twitsy:  .... and I have one more tracking video to upload yet ... but my tracking days are over for this season. Matter of fact, I took them off yesterday & I'm in the middle of giving the Beast some TLC & doing a few mods. So it'll be a few weeks until I'm "Back In The Saddle" again.

I'm not sure Youtube would let me use that music ... they have been real buttheads about the tunes I use ... the Bast%$'s !!!   :unsure:

Yup, come spring time when I can't access the snow, which we still have a ton of on top, I switch to tires. Then come fall, when the snow starts to fly, I switch back to tracks. At those two times of the year is when I do all my maintenance, change oils, etc.

I tried the tracks out one spring on dirt roads, in the rocks, & mud ... not that fun to me & they beat the crap out of because they don't have any give like tires. So when the tracks are on, it's Snow Only riding ....  :jiggy:

Glad you enjoyed the video Frank Guy, and THANKS for watch'in it too !!!  :notworthy:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Mark G said:

Looks like a nice riding area. dont have any mountain roads near me, but i'd love to have a set of tracks to play with on the bays when the ice gets here.

thanks for the video

It's a great riding area Mark G Guy ... and tracks are a blast. These Backcountry tracks may not be the best tracks to ride on ice with since they have 2 inch tall paddles, but hey, sleds do it correct !?!? There are some 4 season tracks out there that would work better on ice & still get you around great in the snow. Heck, I have a set of those out in the shed ... :cry:

Glad you enjoyed the video Mark G & THANKS for watch'in it too !!!  :notworthy:

Edited by Gunny

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

@Gunny what's up buddy!  Hows the machine, tracks still holding up well ?

Hey Angerano ... things are good. There's been some family stuff going on & I'm spending a little more time taking care of my dad so I'm not getting out as much. Yup, the tracks are still holding up, Thanks for ask'in !! :biglaugh:

Here's a vid I put together from a couple weeks ago ...

On 1/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, Jim Denton said:

Wow that looks like major fun!!! We don't get the snow like y'all but we get a bit. And the terrain can be a bit challenging. Maybe someday I'll have a chance at some tracks.

OH YEAH ... MAJOR Fun For Sure !!! :jiggy:

If you ever get a set of tracks Denton Guy ... You're gonna love'em !!!  :yes:

Glad you enjoyed the video and THANKS for watch'in too !!! :notworthy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...