Quantcast

How many lights (watts) can I mount on a 150cc ATV?

(I don't have manual and there isn't one on the internet)

It's a 150cc ATV, automatic transmission, automatic starter, with zero electric devices.

I have to mount at least some front/rear lights. But for how many watts should I aim in total on entire ATV? You know, for example there are 10/50/200 Watt lights. But it's impossible to order some, when I don't know if I should keep entire ATV under 100 Watts? Under 500 Watts? Under 1000 Watts?

That all depends on what brand atv it is, does it have a battery?

Most bikes are set up to be able to power what there designed for. So if your bike has no design for power out put other then to keep a charge on the battery then anything you connect to the battery may drain the battery a lot more since the engines alternator will not be able to replenish the draw on the battery form the lights you’ve added. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

That all depends on what brand atv it is, does it have a battery?

Most bikes are set up to be able to power what there designed for. So if your bike has no design for power out put other then to keep a charge on the battery then anything you connect to the battery may drain the battery a lot more since the engines alternator will not be able to replenish the draw on the battery form the lights you’ve added. 

It has battery. No idea about specific model, as it's pretty REKT.

From the mounts on the chassis I can tell, that it used to have 2x front headlights (light bulb), 2x tiny front fog lights, 1x rear braking light, 4x turn signal. + some speedometer etc.

If I go with LED lights, how many watts combined I can put on that?

Typically ATV incandescent head lights would draw about 35 watts each. If it used to have two lights, that is 70 watts. I would use a 50 watt LED light bar to be safe.

That light bar will be far brighter then the original head lights and you would be safe that you won't overdraw the electrical system.

Mike

1 hour ago, mikeexplorer said:

Typically ATV incandescent head lights would draw about 35 watts each. If it used to have two lights, that is 70 watts. I would use a 50 watt LED light bar to be safe.

That light bar will be far brighter then the original head lights and you would be safe that you won't overdraw the electrical system.

Mike

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, mikeexplorer said:

Mike

Thank you!!!

Regarding front lights. I saw, that there are LED flood lights and LED spot lights.  I was thinking about putting there 1 flood bar (for close) + 2 spot lights (for distance). Of course keeping it around 50 watts. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...