Quantcast

Recommended Lubricants for for my Artic Cat 400 Auto 4X4

Go to solution Solved by CharlieKraynack,

I think my Eiger has the same 400 engine as your Arctic Cat, this is what I used, not saying its better than synthetic, I used Suzuki Ecstar R5000 10W-40 mineral oil. I also used the compatable suzuki oil filter, and this is why, I went to change the oil and it had a Fram filter, when I pulled the filter it concerned me that there was no oil in the filter, I assumed it had drained back down, maybe the Fram doesn't have a check valve to keep that from happening. Not sure of that I just ordered the correct Suzuki filter.  

That's strange about the filter being dry Gw..  Have you checked it since in case there's a blockage. That filter should be under pressure and so the oil should get through, but some bikes have a pressure bypass that lets oil bypass the filter if it gets too dirty, That bypass valve could be stuck open, or the filter might be causing an air lock..  It shouldn't, but... 

On some manuals they say to undo a bolt in the center of the filter cover and bleed the air and check the oils getting to there after an oil change.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By Its-always-something
      Have a 1998 AC 300 2x4, Just installed a new carburetor. Engine starts easy but the choke RPMs are very hi and take along time (5-10 mins when cold out). After engine has warmed up choke releases and it idles and runs fine., It does no have an electric choke. The choke lever is never used and it seems like an auto choke? Long story short, how can I lower the choke rpm levels?

Also, carb came with a spare145 jet, not 100% sure what is installed. Could this impact choke RPMs?

Any help and information greatly appreciated.
    • By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies?