Quantcast

2024 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

"Whether you want to believe it or not,  Biden  is  respected  internationally and  tRump is viewed as an  incompetent laughing stock and a threat to  your "democracy".".

You're right again Gw.. Trumps seen as a madman that's a threat to world peace. I'm amazed that these guys can't see he's a threat to their country's peace.

That video wasn't news. It was biased commentators claiming to know what Biden was thinking, claiming to know he was confused. For all I know he might have been wondering if it was ok to take a piss on the wheel of air force one. He had his wife with him because he's a nice guy in a good relationship. He might be getting feeble physically, but his character is a far better bet that Trumps.

Every time I see Trump he's spewing vitriol and promulgating nationalist views. He's a threat to world peace, the enviroment, and to most of the people of the world.

Again though, I have to ask, what's happened to America that these two are the only candidates seen as leaders ? How does a country get so spiritually decrepit that they can't find better candidates than that ? Where are America's values that it comes to this ?

It's a worry.. Seriously guys..  Looking from the outside, this is just sad and worrying to see. America is looking far more demented than Biden, and even more morally bereft than Trump...  Seriously

Edited by Mech

48 minutes ago, Mech said:

"Whether you want to believe it or not,  Biden  is  respected  internationally and  tRump is viewed as an  incompetent laughing stock and a threat to  your "democracy".".

You're right again Gw.. Trumps seen as a madman that's a threat to world peace. I'm amazed that these guys can't see he's a threat to their country's peace.

That video wasn't news. It was biased commentators claiming to know what Biden was thinking, claiming to know he was confused. For all I know he might have been wondering if it was ok to take a piss on the wheel of air force one. He had his wife with him because he's a nice guy in a good relationship. He might be getting feeble physically, but his character is a far better bet that Trumps.

Every time I see Trump he's spewing vitriol and promulgating nationalist views. He's a threat to world peace, the enviroment, and to most of the people of the world.

Again though, I have to ask, what's happened to America that these two are the only candidates seen as leaders ? How does a country get so spiritually decrepit that they can't find better candidates than that ? Where are America's values that it comes to this ?

It's a worry.. Seriously guys..  Looking from the outside, this is just sad and worrying to see. America is looking far more demented than Biden, and even more morally bereft than Trump...  Seriously

Who respects trump or biden? Nobody internationally. Your leader says alot about the people who voted them in as well, but your leaders are not l players in the world theater. Back to quads.

3 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Yes  he is old-  A year older than me;  but he is still far more aware and capable than tRump.  Fact is tRump  first  tried to  use a run for the Presidential  nomination as a ploy to  put his name out there for business promotion.    Remember his  vow to  spend his own  money  on his  campaign?  When  he actually won the nomination, the GOP  paid all the  campaign  expenses.  When  he actually won the real milking the presidency to  line the pockets of himself  and his family..  Whether you want to believe it or not,  Biden  is  respected  internationally and  tRump is viewed as an  incompetent laughing stock and a threat to  your "democracy".

I too would like to  see younger contenders  but as it is  it looks like  you  are going to have the choice of an old , capable  honest man  and a 4 year "younger" grifter  facing 91 felony charges.

You would do better than Biden! I guess age takes a toll on some faster than others...Biden just displays old.  You make some points, I just prefer republican policies on border, oil, economy and taxes more.

Yeah I agree Gw.. People are just people and all have their own concerns for sure, but it still seems strange that there aren't any better candidates putting their hand up or being put forward. I don't understand how that can happen.

Democracy should in theory ensure that the best man wins.. Surely there must be better candidates, so why aren't they being pushed forwards ? How can there not be some better man or woman in a country of that size ?

Come on Johniii and Quad, explain that to me..  If you guys can see what's wrong with the candidates, why can't anyone else see it, and why aren't you or some other dissatisfied patriot putting their hand up ? And I have to ask, are either of you guys paid up members of either of the parties, do you attend the rallies, do you campaign or nominate someone better ?

I'd like to hear. I've asked earlier how it comes to this, and you both have plenty of criticism of the candidates, but you don't explain how it is they are the candidates.

4 hours ago, Mech said:

Yeah I agree Gw.. People are just people and all have their own concerns for sure, but it still seems strange that there aren't any better candidates putting their hand up or being put forward. I don't understand how that can happen.

Democracy should in theory ensure that the best man wins.. Surely there must be better candidates, so why aren't they being pushed forwards ? How can there not be some better man or woman in a country of that size ?

Come on Johniii and Quad, explain that to me..  If you guys can see what's wrong with the candidates, why can't anyone else see it, and why aren't you or some other dissatisfied patriot putting their hand up ? And I have to ask, are either of you guys paid up members of either of the parties, do you attend the rallies, do you campaign or nominate someone better ?

I'd like to hear. I've asked earlier how it comes to this, and you both have plenty of criticism of the candidates, but you don't explain how it is they are the candidates.

Jacinda kept the Māori in check, closing your little island island off from outsiders was brilliant, we tried that here and you called us racist. You know everything, google is your friend, look up how the process goes. I'm neither left or right and not looking to sit here and read your post, stop acting like you are serious. I see you people every day clowning on USA.

3 hours ago, 2wdrancher said:

Fellas fellas, why are we talking about politics? This is a ATV form? Not a controversial post on Facebook…

Thank you. 

• Like 2

Ha.. Defensive much Johniii..  Nobody makes you read posts, or respond to them.

Yes closing our borders was a good idea, it saved a lot of lives I'm sure.

And I wouldn't call anyone raciest, not for closing their border anyway. Like I said, we get on fine with the Chinese, and I'm part Maori. Perhaps it's someone else you're thinking of.

5 hours ago, 2wdrancher said:

Fellas fellas, why are we talking about politics? This is a ATV form? Not a controversial post on Facebook…

Good point. I guess because it brings some activity in the community…lol. One of the most active recent topics it seems. 

Newsom is making the rounds in case Biden drops out .. 

Let’s see what happens with Haley in South Carolina. Maybe we’ll get younger replacements on both sides..lol

• Like 1

But how come the two party's don't put younger candidates forward Quad ? Surely they must have some other decent competent people. Surely the democratic system can't really be subverted by money so easily, and so irrationally.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mech said:

But how come the two party's don't put younger candidates forward Quad ? Surely they must have some other decent competent people. Surely the democratic system can't really be subverted by money so easily, and so irrationally.

That’s why we have primaries. People voted for the older candidates. On the republican side, there is still Nicky Haley, but the rest dropped out due to not enough support. It is about how much money you raise so you can keep campaigning.

I  just finished watching a "Meet the Press" interview with Nikki Haley. Like all politicians she managed to  talk a lot without ever giving a direct  "Yes" or "No" answer to  any question, but I  can say  President Biden  best hope he  has to run against tRump  and not her in November.  Haley  stands head and shoulders above tRump  in  intellect and capability.  Whether she would moderate some of the hard right  stances she has taken  on some issues if she gained the Presidency or  not  is a question but if  she managed to  take the GOP nomination she would be  a very real threat to  a Biden second term and most likely  take it away from him.  The man-child tRump is increasingly  being seen  as the disgusting loser he is; even  among  some of  his old supporters on the far right.  

• Like 1

Her only chance is if she beats Trump in her home state on February 24th. If she doesn’t, I think it’s over for her. I also think Biden would rather run against Trump and get the never Trump vote. I see her dropping out if she can’t beat Trump but coming back along with Desantis in 2028, which should be a reset on both sides if these older candidates go through with a full term..

• 2 weeks later...

I really don’t understand why some people are surprised about the revelations from the special counsels report on Bidens age related memory and overall senile issues. He’s not running the county and is clearly getting worse. What a joke this presidency has become. How fast will they pull him out of the race? 

No one has been convicted of insurrection on J6. Trump has not been convicted of anything he has been accused of. Maybe in Canada you are guilty until proven innocent. 

The world was better off during the Trump administration than the Biden administration period. 

2 wars since Biden became president. 

Unprecedented Illegal immigration, drugs flowing across the border and overdose deaths at an alarming rate under Biden.

Biden's policies also encourage biological men to compete against women in women's sports. Where are the feminists? 

Biden also is in favor of puberty blockers, and removal of breast's and genitals from minors that think they are the opposite sex. Some of whom want to be batman or wonderwoman when they grow up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, this seems like such a toxic topic. I tried my best to not click on it but couldn't resist. I hoped I'd see more unity. Sad that so many good people are delusional and brainwashed. I guess that was the plan though. Neither man is the savior. All of this mess is just to divide us.