joet82

joet82 is off serving our country

EO2 Thomas, Joseph

NMCB 5 UNIT 25294

FPO, AP 96601

There is my mailing address for the next 5 months.

If you want to send care packages, send items that will help us stay clean and keep our tummies full. MRE's and Galley food just won't cut it. haha Chocolates and other things that melt are not recommended cause in the summer it will reach up to 120+ during the days. Take care, shiny side up (unless you're doing a backflip, haha), and I will see you on the flip side.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7377430

With compassion for others We Build, We Fight, for Peace with Freedom.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

When are you going to be there? Or when should I send stuff? You can expect a package from Kristin and I.

God Speed Joe. Take care of yourself. I'm making this post Sticky until you come back so it doesn't float to the bottom.

thnx. for the support. you can send things now. Our mail is already being forwarded to our deployment site. It'll probably be better though to send it next week so it's not just sitting there waiting for me.

But still....DEPLOYMENTS SUCK! even though I plan on coming back with nearly $20,000. :) Most of it going to bills, trading in my CR-V for a Midsize-1/4 ton truck, and an RV. lol

Something that I was always happy to see was single serving sized Gatorade mix. Regular water gets old after a while. Small packages of goodies are better than jumbo sized things because storage space is limited and the guys sometimes need to carry all their belongings at once. If you haven't left yet, write someone on the forum once you get there and let us know what size batteries the guys in you unit will need. If we can keep them supplied with these kinds of things, it will let them use their limited funds while deployed to get other things they need when they do get a chance to see a forward exchange store.

Thanks, Dave. Kristin and I are already gathering some things together for Joe. Maybe you could give him a shout out on the ZONE, just ask for prayers. All of our troops can use as much support as possible...even if it is just moral support.

But still....DEPLOYMENTS SUCK! even though I plan on coming back with nearly $20,000. :) Most of it going to bills, trading in my CR-V for a Midsize-1/4 ton truck, and an RV. lol

Good luck Joe! My buddy from this post is leaving IRAQ in a few days. He also said he will do well financially for going. He's in the Marines.

He said the base he was on was nice, pool, internet access, gym, etc...:biggrin: I've been keeping in touch with him via e-mail. You'll have to log in here and keep us posted if you have some down time and the internet...:yes:

Hopefully your 5 months will fly by! What's your position, job, etc...?

My title is EO2, aka Equipment Operator Second Class. I basically drive the heavy equipment for the Navy's Seabees. Their construction force. Oh, and I'll definitly be keeping an eye out for quads over there, and I'll let you know if they are on the front lines in Afghanistan.

My title is EO2, aka Equipment Operator Second Class. I basically drive the heavy equipment for the Navy's Seabees. Their construction force. Oh, and I'll definitly be keeping an eye out for quads over there, and I'll let you know if they are on the front lines in Afghanistan.

Taking a camera?

Good luck, stay safe, and thank you for serving our country and keeping us safe!

Be safe and return safe dood....

-TD

Taking a camera?

Good luck, stay safe, and thank you for serving our country and keeping us safe!

Yes I will be. gotta have proof right? not just word of mouth. haha

bring me back a souvenir, if you're going to india i hear they ride raptors HAHA

Thnx for the support guys, gals, and MWKE. haha this is my last post for the next 5 months. I'll talk to you guys as much as I can but more than likely it'll be in august when i get back.

take care and keep the rubber down.

Everyone please keep Joe in your prayers. We will definitely miss his smart ass comments for the next 5 months.

Thanks Joe.

Heyhey I have internet access and quadcrazy isn't blocked yet....but there are quads over here used by the british and Dutch. So far, I've seen Kawasaki and Polaris Utes, 1 each used by contractors, Polaris Rangers, and a FLEET of CAN-AM OUTLANDERS! Reportedly they run into the mountain regions on them for smash and grab missions. I have taken a few pics, but can't load them till I get back to the states.

Thanks Joe for your service! I hope it goes quickly and safe for you.

Heyhey still here people. :) but my messages will be getting fewer due to less access to the internet starting tomorrow. but I'll hit ya'll up as much as possible.

btw, those on the west coast....don't forget about the group. TTYL

Joe