Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

swampcat07

Where do you take your cat?

As time goes by and I approach 2000 miles on my H1 engine I am starting to think about what mods I want to do and what stock parts need to be replaced. My friend has a 400 and almost has 2k and has done alot less service work than I did. Well I think the larger tires and the places I take my cat are the reason. So where has your cat been?

I would also be intrested in what mods you have done.

Well besides being on its side from a 35mph +/- rollover here are some pics.

l_c523f3eccd4447f3834f64b785099582.jpg

l_c7a832807aef45efabadf70086408642.jpg

l_469f9df66fec4e44b9b9cd8c3c3860d1.jpg

l_d34c19c2a1bd4f2c9957d138aa0bd1e5.jpg

l_cd2e657912c049719db45254a45216a9.jpg

l_e3d8ff9b9c094b6a8baca3b184aa7f99.jpg

l_1142546d37c1475ab1ec01cdb547082a.jpg

l_0cb1ebbe2af3448387c01e4355038ef0.jpg

I rarely get photographed as I am usually the one with the camera. I passed 2,500 miles last week and my machine is still stock. Only replacement parts aside from the usual oil and diff changes has been the brakes and recently tires.

Still cannot post attachments, even tried converting them to GIF's first :aargh:

Mike

Here are some using photobucket.

Snow Shoe Rails-to-Trails

100_0467Small.jpg

Abandoned bridge at SSRT

100_0633Small.jpg

Undisclosed location

100_9551Small.jpg

Potential new trail

100_9932Small.jpg

Next three courtesy of Swampcat (Taken at Lost Trails)

One of the few times I get photographed

IMG_069_02Small.jpg

IMG_070_01Small.jpg

IMG_070_03Small.jpg

Mike

Edited by mikeexplorer
attachments wrong

well i havent really taken that many pics because of the same reasons you have mike..ill post a few just at the local train track trails...how is lost trails atv park?? i have always been wanting to go their...anyway as for mods: warn winch with synthetic rope, 26"itp mudlites on itp rims, 1.5 inch moose lift(modified because they dont make one for independent cats) HL springs, raider hand guards, epi clutch kit purple secondary and orange primary springs, front and rear bumpers, and a k&n filter with pre-filter... i did break one thing that really sucked it was my right rear axle besides that nothing major and i have 975 miles on her

here is one of the trails running along the taconic...might be posting some action pics of it in the swamp and at the race track... but as for now i only have 1 sorry fellas

snowatv.jpg[/img]

Edited by outlander560

Mine's pretty stock except the bumpers, winch, hand guards, etc. The one thing that made a difference was the 26" Bighorns on ITP's. They made it a lot easier to manage. So far the only thing that should get some attention is the spike load dampener. It's not slipping bad, but I should get it replaced while I still have warranty. I've only got around 600 miles on it so far, so there's plenty of time for something to go on it.

Mike, I love that pic of you crawling out of the mud pit

I've got a few pics, but having some trouble. It says they're not a valid image.

they might be to big....if you would like i can post the pictures for you..you can email me at [email protected] or you load them on photobucket.com and just copy and paste the image code

I resize mine down to 640 X 480 before trying to attach them. Still says invalid image.

Mike

Mine's pretty stock except the bumpers, winch, hand guards, etc. The one thing that made a difference was the 26" Bighorns on ITP's. They made it a lot easier to manage. So far the only thing that should get some attention is the spike load dampener. It's not slipping bad, but I should get it replaced while I still have warranty. I've only got around 600 miles on it so far, so there's plenty of time for something to go on it.

Mike, I love that pic of you crawling out of the mud pit

I've got a few pics, but having some trouble. It says they're not a valid image.

I didn't make it out of the pit because my tires were worn out. I plan to put the bighorns on my LE rims when I get a few $$ together. For now I am using the ex-swampcat tires :coolgleamAc:

Mike

I didn't make it out of the pit because my tires were worn out. I plan to put the bighorns on my LE rims when I get a few $$ together. For now I am using the ex-swampcat tires :coolgleamAc:

Mike

It was sure fun watching that cat claw, though! It was amazing what you were able to do with those old tires. Your new/old stockers will be a lot better, but wait till you get the Bighorns, what a difference.:yes:

I had those tires on too long. 2,300 miles. I was feeling the turning being effected by the wear. Even the new/used stockers I feel a big difference. Can't wait to get the bighorns.

Mike

After last weekend the Kitty is getting some work done. Oil change, and all the stuff. Started heating up again so this time I pulled the radiator right out, sure enough looked ok from the front, but blocked in the back.

Mike

Well only a week left till Fishers you will see a whole new cat when I post some pics. She had the carb cleaned and runs as strong as ever. Hope its enough to push those 29.5s with the stock clutching.

Anywhere I can.. Mine is fully stock, except for winch and blade mount. Wanting aluminum wheels... HOW do I upload photos to here? It keeps saying not a valid image file.

Yep everything is bedlined. The graphics are from Arctic FX. Thanks for the compliment. It took a few weeks to accomplish. I'm working on clutching now.

l_cf0d2891130142cfb74d4f8bb16634e2.jpg

I had Airdam machine my primary, well another one. I can lift the front end with 27s off the ground no problem now. I didn't get a chance to ride with the 29.5 outlaws yet.

My goal is to be able to turn the 29.5s but still be able to trail ride.

Did you just mod the dry end of the clutch or the wet end also?

I just tried the clutch out with the 29.5s on and it made a huge diffrence. Have to get in some sticky mud and see if anything else needs to be done.