Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

cheriah

Hi to everyone!!

WELL....:aargh:....I jinxed myself yesterday with my post.......bike just did'nt sound right today, sounded boggy at higher speeds....son was riding and the idle went way up like the throttle was wide open and it died right before that happened. We restarted it and thus the high rpm's.....*sigh* Any suggestions?? (I'm gonna cry:frown:....seriously)I checked and tried to adjust idle screw,,,no effect on rpm's.....I'm thinkin airleak, but where?:realmad:

That stinks! All I know about the blasters is their a real blast. But when you don't have a quad any of them at a good price can be fun Honda, yamaha, Suzuki, kawasaki, Power wheels. I looked at a blaster for 1,200 and then found my 4x4 prairie for 1,600. I needed a quad my wife could ride with me.

well........rode for a few days and had a lot of fun on it...finally,,,,but sadly, I did not check the nuts on the cylinder after a few hours of riding, and one came loose....leak! I am so mad, scored the heck out of the new piston, freshly honed cylinder, and metal shavings in the bottom of the block. That was the last bore on the cylinder too.....found one locally i am going to pick up tomorrow and will be able to use the piston i bought that was the wrong size after the cylinder is honed...(they said it was stock bore, I can only hope) the piston I bought is 20 over, so we'll see. So, after 3 nights of howling at the full moon with drink in hand, I am refocused on getting this done right this time,,,LOL! :yes: what a learning lesson that was! Jeff, did u get your quad fixed yet?

Many days spent on the internet and to day it paid off. I ran across someone having the same problem. It' a part of the front actuator. It's rectangle shaped metal block know as a collar. I had found it and thought it was the problem but coul not find out if I could just buy the part and what it was called till today. This little block of metal is 25.00 I don't even thank it's 1\2" long. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. It would be so nice to be able to buy a new quad. We never know how the used ones we buy have been kept up.

You been taking any pic. of this? Would be a great "how to". Never know when someone else out there need the info. Glad your finding how to repair the quad.

Glad you figured out the problem and part, it is nice that ajmboy posted the parts schematics for my bike, and I thanked him for it last night (I've been on that page MANY times, LOL).It is sad how much the parts cost, but when you think of how often we use the bikes, it's not too bad. Now Pete,,,,,, YOU know I don't have a camera.......but I did take pics on my phone, especially how to put everything back together, and the handy dandy Polaris manual helps too......picked up the new cylinder this morning and it is stock bore (YAY), also bought a complete engine off of ebay last night, just in case.... so let the honing begin!!!:biggrin: The moon is done being full so no more howling either...LOL:yes:

Glad you figured out the problem and part, it is nice that ajmboy posted the parts schematics for my bike, and I thanked him for it last night (I've been on that page MANY times, LOL).It is sad how much the parts cost, but when you think of how often we use the bikes, it's not too bad. Now Pete,,,,,, YOU know I don't have a camera.......but I did take pics on my phone, especially how to put everything back together, and the handy dandy Polaris manual helps too......picked up the new cylinder this morning and it is stock bore (YAY), also bought a complete engine off of ebay last night, just in case.... so let the honing begin!!!:biggrin: The moon is done being full so no more howling either...LOL:yes:

You can borrow my camera !! LOL

Edited by quadnut20

For right now I unpluged the kebc on my quad and running in 4wd till I get the collar steering sucks in 4wd but it's better thn not riding at all.

For right now I unpluged the kebc on my quad and running in 4wd till I get the collar steering sucks in 4wd but it's better thn not riding at all.

My quad is totally hammered, you wouldn't believe what I go through to go riding, but that is what seperates us from everyone else. We need to ride it is in our DNA.:yes:

ITS RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I bought a little 2 wheel reward for myself, but it needs fixing up. ( no rippin, I love them.......:yes:) tired of fighting with my son over the quad, and have not decided on which second quad Im gonna get yet, so I have time...wylde1 u hit it right on the head about riding being in our DNA, couldnt agree more... Quadnut20, how far do u live away from me??? When ru gonna bring that camera over??:cute: Jeff, 4 WD better than NO WD!!!

LOL, wonder if camera flash in a closet is as bad as welders flash? Pete, are your eyes red and burning? You poor boy......Jeff, love your new avatar!!! Still waiting for the camera offer Quadnut20, Colorado is a LONG way from Ohio!!! I dont have ANY pictures loaded on my computer of me at all, I'm usually the one taking them!!! 4 wheeler day is coming though!! We all get together and ride all day at a friend's house so I'm sure someone will get some pics but I'll be on my dirtbike, not the quad, still fighting the son for a ride on it....LOL

Thank you! The only thing I have found out if you pull off something cool your friends don't get a pic of it they tend to shoot the wipeout or about the most goofy thing you do.(goofy ride) I call it the belly ride It's when you hit the jump and for some reason your feet end up in the air behind you & on landing your hanging on to the handlebars and your belly on the seat while your legs are still hanging off the back of the bike. Then bike gets a case of the wobbles till your front wheel turns is going from right or left and you go down.

Edited by hangingon

Ive done that on 2 wheels many times........and it hurts......ur bike fixed yet? Pulled kx water pump and am replacing the bearings and seals, should be running soon....been rainy and so yucky here we have not done much of anything, but it's homecoming and football season with school, so been away....sorry I missed the voting. ajmboy asked me but I logged in a few days too late, they were ALL great pics!!! taking on a friends 90cc yamaquad next week, needs new rings.....LOL!!!! ( valves are not my favorite things!):cute:

Thank you! The only thing I have found out if you pull off something cool your friends don't get a pic of it they tend to shoot the wipeout or about the most goofy thing you do.(goofy ride) I call it the belly ride It's when you hit the jump and for some reason your feet end up in the air behind you & on landing your hanging on to the handlebars and your belly on the seat while your legs are still hanging off the back of the bike. Then bike gets a case of the wobbles till your front wheel turns is going from right or left and you go down.

thats an actual trick combo called the superflop. It is a superman into a bellyflop, but you need to work on the landings there is no crash at the end of it.:laugh:

thats an actual trick combo called the superflop. It is a superman into a bellyflop, but you need to work on the landings there is no crash at the end of it.:laugh:

If I did that it would be UGLY !!!:laugh:

Ive done that on 2 wheels many times........and it hurts......ur bike fixed yet? Pulled kx water pump and am replacing the bearings and seals, should be running soon....been rainy and so yucky here we have not done much of anything, but it's homecoming and football season with school, so been away....sorry I missed the voting. ajmboy asked me but I logged in a few days too late, they were ALL great pics!!! taking on a friends 90cc yamaquad next week, needs new rings.....LOL!!!! ( valves are not my favorite things!):cute:

Girl of my dreams !! and Can ride and fix my quad

( valves are not my favorite things!):cute:

I think we can all agree on that...at least us 2 stroke folks :coolgleamAc:

Congrats on the contest Senator! Sorry still don't get the code binary thing,,,,before my time,,,LOL. Yeah I agree this is a long intro post......do ya think that I can win a prize for that?:laugh: Sorry bout your frame Jeff, that stinks! Wylde1 your rims look like mine in your picture, LOL!:wink: Quadnut20, you're still supposed to bring me your camera, remember? And yes, I can fix some stuff, learning how to do more. You got something you need me to fix?:biggrin: Does anyone know if Pete is still in the closet? Gangsta/nerd? really? Is that what you would consider to be Scarface?:huh: