Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kawiherder

2007 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 dies when turning left.

Like the title says it dies when turning left and it seems that all power quits as the headlight also go out. It belongs to my father in law he started it and it idles fine. Turn the handle bar to the left and all the power goes out. Turning right it's fine. Battery connections are fine but it was getting dark and hard to see. The year I am unsure of but maybe 2007. I will get a chance to see it in the daylight soon and check the wiring but any heads up from someone who has had this happen would be helpfull. Thanks

Sounds like there is a short in the steering column possibly.

* Added year and manufacturer to thread title.

It turned out to be the connector for the key switch. It was easy to get at so he is off to the dealer. He thinks it might be a 2005 but is still not sure.

2007 models are known to have wiring problems. I know as I have rebuilt both the front and rear wiring harness. You can save yourself some future grief if you take the plastics off and cover the harness with some spiral wrap. The first picture is when I blew out my front harness, fried 12 wires.

Mike

SANY0008 (Small).JPG

SANY0009 (Small).JPG

57d7734305df2_SANY0008(Small).JPG.05e55783629cab05e55fcff0b9046f2e.JPG

57d773430985c_SANY0009(Small).JPG.0b8e195e3cb1a3c0c1dae6888e7febbe.JPG

The wiring harness was fixed and working fine. Now this machine has picked up a clicking noise when driving front or back. It is something in the drive train. Sometimes when shifting it will not catch the gear right away. Any thoughts?