Ajmboy

What oil do you use?

17 posts in this topic

Do you guys buy oil from the atv dealer? What are you using in your quads?

I don't go to the dealer. I just go to the local autopartstore and ask them to get me Valvoline atv oil for 4 strokes http://www.valvoline.com/atv/ They also get me my filter which is made by wix filters. http://wixfilters.com/filterlookup/atv.asp

Just curious what everyone uses...

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Yamalube. Straight from the dealer.

i 2nd the yamalube

castor 927 THE BEST PREMIX OIL ON THE PLANET!!

bel ray 80wgt tans fluid works awesome in everything I have!!

I used to use Yamalube but now run AMSOIL Dominator premixed with VP red

Here's the Amsoil synthetic:

aff_qt_350pxh.jpg

AMSOIL Synthetic ATV Oil

Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports

AMSOIL Synthetic ATV Oil, Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Synthetic Motor Oil (AFF), is specially formulated for ATVs, snowmobiles and other power sports applications. Its broad viscosity range and wax-free formulation make it excellent for use in both hot and cold temperature extremes.

Package sizes include:

1-Quart Bottle

1-Quart Bottles (case of 12)

30-Gallon Drum

55-Gallon Drum

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Synthetic Motor Oil (AFF) is specially formulated for ATVs, snowmobiles and other power sports applications. Its broad viscosity range and wax-free formulation make it excellent for use in both hot and cold temperature extremes. As an SAE 40 weight motor oil, AMSOIL AFF provides outstanding protection for hot operating engines, while its 0W rating and -60°F pour point ensure easy cranking, excellent cold weather starting and quick post-startup protection. Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports is an extreme temperature lubricant that provides outstanding performance in high performance, recreational or work/utility engines.

Resists Heat and Thermal Breakdown

AMSOIL engineered Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports to withstand the high temperatures of recreational engines. It effectively resists oxidation and oil vaporization to prevent carbon/varnish formation, control oil consumption and minimize exhaust emissions. AMSOIL AFF controls oil thickening for good fuel economy, and it keeps engines clean for peak operating efficiency.

Excellent For Transmissions

AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports is wet clutch compatible and contains no friction modifiers, making it ideal for both two- and four-stroke ATV transmissions. The friction modifier free formulation is designed to prevent clutch slippage, delivering maximum torque and power to the wheels – a critical feature for towing or high-horsepower engines.

Superior Wear Protection

AMSOIL AFF is formulated with high levels of anti-wear additives that provide excellent protection for pistons, bearings and gears in transmission containing units, while its shear stable, SAE 40 viscosity delivers a thick lubricating film for an extra margin of protection in hard working engines.

Anti-Foam

Churning occurs in high RPM engines that can cause oil to foam, depleting its lubricating abilities and increasing heat and wear. AMSOIL AFF controls foam, promoting cooler engine operation and reduced wear.

Special Additives

AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports contains robust dispersant/detergent additives that effectively neutralize the high levels of acids and combustion by-products prone to small engines. And it is anti-rust fortified for superior rust prevention, which is especially important in seasonally or infrequently used power sports equipment.

Applications and Recommendations

AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports Synthetic Motor Oil is recommended for four-stroke engines and transmissions on two- or four-stroke powered applications. It is an all climate/all season oil that replaces 0W-30, 0W-40, 5W-30, 10W-30 and 10W-40 oils for ATVs, snowmobiles and other power sports equipment. Manufacturers include Polaris®, Honda®, Yamaha®, Bombardier®, Suzuki®, Kawasaki® and Arctic Cat®.

API SL/CF, SJ, SH, SG

JASO MA

Compatibility

AMSOIL Formula 4-Stroke® Power Sports is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed. Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.

Service Life

Follow the equipment manufacturer’s recommended drain intervals.

AMSOIL Synthetic ATV Oil 0W-40

i use mobile 1 synthetic motorcycle oil in almost all my atvs .. it might cost more than alot of the others out there ,but i have been using mobil 1 synthetic in my drag cars for years with great results and less rebuilds on very high horse power motors and thats good in my book ...

yamalube and probably switching to synthetic this summer coming up...

Whatever synthetic 10w-40 4stroke oil i can find.

Dealer charged me $27 for a lightbulb. Screw you hondalube!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Nothing but Rotella T-6 Snythetic only !!

i have mobil synthetic in mine .. my dad changes it .. an thats what he put in it

I've always run Amsoil 0-40 and filter. Have had pretty good luck with it. I tried their ATF in the hubs (manual says ATF is ok to use), but it leaked past my seals. So I decided to stick with the Polaris stuff for that.

I really like Amsoil, But i have been using Mobil One Full Syn.

I have been using AMSOIL for the last few months in everything from my tracotr to ATV. The ATV shifts smoother and seems to run better....I had never heard of it until a few months ago and a friend of mine started selling it. I am sold....

BoiWare I love your avatar...Its great.....I laugh everytime I see it..

Switched to rotella-t. Much cheaper

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2