This could happen anywhere/anystore. Watch out!!!!
OMG! YES! THIS IS TRUE!
It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279,
10411 N Freeway 45, Houston , TX 77037 )
A month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40.
I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it.
I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything!
The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up.
At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it.
The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective.
Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?
Check your receipts. This could probably happen at any store where they will give you cash back so be cautious.
Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford DE Walmart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her.
My worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back.
SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK.
My co worker called Walmart who investigated but could not see the Cashier pocket the money.
She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this.
There is a scam going on.
The cashier will ask for cash back and hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.
Please, Please, please check your receipts right away when using debit cards. The store has the cashier under investigation now .
We can only pray that she is caught very soon.
My husband and I were in WalMart North Salisbury and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a $20 cash back added .
He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it.
We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
Please be aware
This is why women should not take men shopping against their will.
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to WalMart.
Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and out. Equally unfortunately, my wife is like most women - - she loved to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local WalMart.
Dear Mrs. Samsel,
Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr. Samsel are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.
2 . July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at
3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official
voice, "Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away."
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's
6. August 14: Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other
shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets
from the bedding department.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began
crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it
as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he
asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly
humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look" by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed
through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"
14. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!"
And last, but not least
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited
awhile, then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!"
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.