Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Why quads get a bad rap

• 2 years later...

Yup been there done that. I had a bad wreck about 5 years ago. I rolled into a 40 foot canyon. Hyperextended both of my knee's fractured my ankle, and had bruised ribs. I was making sure my 4 wheeler right after rebuilding it and making sure everything was good to go. I wasn't paying attention and rolled right into a canyon. It hurt a little bit(____) that much. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

here's a bad rap...

say ur g'in

nobody else is seein'

and the freak that ur with is infront of u

finish that my bad rappin' amigo's!

all sports get a bad rap...if it weren't for the iD10T's, new idea's wouldn't evolve....yes they are stupid, but are these guys?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc[/ame]

Edited by WillyPoP

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another reason this sport gets a bad rep. People die from it! I watch my best friend hit a tree doing about 45 and it killed him instantly. Because we were just cruising and dirt got in his eyes and bam! After all this has happened you wont ride the same ever again! Trust me from this, watching your best friend who you introduced into this sport get killed, makes you think twice about everything from there on!

Here is another reason this sport gets a bad rep. People die from it! I watch my best friend hit a tree doing about 45 and it killed him instantly. Because we were just cruising and dirt got in his eyes and bam! After all this has happened you wont ride the same ever again! Trust me from this, watching your best friend who you introduced into this sport get killed, makes you think twice about everything from there on!

Ya, I watched a guy on a snowmobile run into a barbwire fence. He ripped his face open to his ears on both sides, he survived, but that night has stuck with me for the rest of my life. It's made me slow down and think about how fast your life can change in the blink of an eye. And your right, it gives the whole sport a black eye, but what bothers me is the fact that people die every day on the hiways, but you're not instantly tagged an idiot for that, and in my opinion there's a higher idiot ratio of daily road rage on public roads.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I always hurts to loose a friend or watch someone get hurt. If you are careful and not doing anything stupid then it is truely an accident and well they happen. I have seen a few bad acidents and even had a few close calls. The point is that if you are a hard core rider you choose to take that risk. Everyone percieves what is dangerous based on what they feel comfortable with. Football is dangerous you can get hurt or become paralized but that sport in no way has the same bad wrap. I just think it is others that do not understand what getting out with friends and family while atving/camping is really about who are quick to put down our sport.

The people i hate are the ones parked on the side of the trails Drinking beer or what ever then get back on there quads and do some riding.

Dam the piss me off.

I`ve seen alot of that !! The ones that wear no helmets piss me off !!Out here we see alot of riders on 4X4s with baseball caps and googles on!! common sense should tell you to wear one !

I always hurts to loose a friend or watch someone get hurt. If you are careful and not doing anything stupid then it is truely an accident and well they happen. I have seen a few bad acidents and even had a few close calls. The point is that if you are a hard core rider you choose to take that risk. Everyone percieves what is dangerous based on what they feel comfortable with. Football is dangerous you can get hurt or become paralized but that sport in no way has the same bad wrap. I just think it is others that do not understand what getting out with friends and family while atving/camping is really about who are quick to put down our sport.

Very true, if history has taught us anything, it's that ignorance breeds hatred.

• 1 month later...

Also sorry to hear about your friend BTW. I've had a few accidents myself. Only one was bad and that was when i was young. Accidents do happen, but when you take a huge trail quad over a hill like that at that speed... You're just asking for it... for absolutely no reason.