Quantcast

THE "i hate" thread

I don't care what anyone says....I wimped out and got the warmest socks and boots I could......WigWam socks and Sorel boots.....

And, battery-powered socks just in case.....

And, disposable toe-warmers....

And, reusable hand-warmers....

And, just installed heated grips.....

And, battery-powered gloves just in case.....

And, I do the "put the gloves over the exhaust" trick....

And, I got the Carhart coveralls rated down to umpteen below 0º F......

Ya see, I don't _mind_ the cold, I just HATE _being_ cold!

-TomD

• 2 weeks later...

Bot...MWKE...BB, I'm so sorry to hear. I have never lost anyone to cancer, although both my dad and grandma have had skin cancer...and my other grandma had a brain tumor they thought could be cancerous that actually did kill her....

I feel lucky to be one of the few that haven't experienced a true loss to cancer.

I hate any disease in general that takes the lives of the ones we care about.

Bot...MWKE...BB, I'm so sorry to hear. I have never lost anyone to cancer, although both my dad and grandma have had skin cancer...and my other grandma had a brain tumor they thought could be cancerous that actually did kill her....

I feel lucky to be one of the few that haven't experienced a true loss to cancer.

I hate any disease in general that takes the lives of the ones we care about.

I hope from the bottom of my heart you or any body else will never lose any one to cancer. !!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying. Thanks BB.
No Thanks needed. I watched my dad fade away from cancer, during a 19 month battle. I know how you feel . PM me or we will try to set up a chat sometime. The above goes for you MWKE and / or anyone who is or has lost someone to cancer.

My Dad use to say keep your chin up and keep on going(one day at a time). Sorry to rant but this topic really hits me hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate 20 degree weather. It makes it too cold to ride.

I hate not being a millionaire so I have to work and can't ride and race all year round.

I like the millionaire comments I so feel the same way. I would like to have a place where we could have people come and ride and host some rides for people with special needs or monetarily challenged.

:notworthy::cool:

True dat, Scott. I just added up our totals to race in 2009...running 13 local series races, 7 GNCC's, standard parts we'll go through like brakes nad bearings and fuel to get there....$5,718.00..

go ahead, pick ur jaws up off the floor now....:eek2::vommit::shock::shock2::brickwall::hitself::dammit:

Girl, you crack me up!!!!!!!!! Don't hold back, let it all go!!!!!!!

that number i said before...that doesn't include the fuel for our wheelers, the food for the weekend, or if we have to stay in a hotel (like the further GNCC's)...or the time off from work we'll lose in wages, well Nick anyways....if I figured all of that in we'd probably be at about 7 G'sssss.....

and we can afford it because we have no kids, just puppies..we don't own our house, we rent...and in our area, rent isn't too expensive (we pay $400 monthly for a 3 BR 2 BA mobile home), and we both have pretty good paying jobs, especially for our ages. But, last year we only did the one GNCC so this year will prove quite the challenge. Anyone who wants to send me some money I'll slap your name on my quad and you can be my sponsor baaaahahahahahhaa :) :) :)