Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

NY get together

Hello and happy new year! 
Hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday season. 
I’ve been talking with @06kfx440 and thinking about or hoping I should say that any Quadcrazy members in or around the N.Y. area would like to try and spend a day of riding together. 

@06kfx440 has a place for us to get together where we should be able to meet offload and go riding.  
Maybe pack a cooler with food and drinks and anything else anyone can think of to bring.  
It would be cool if some of us could get together and ride for a day have some fun and put a name to a face! Check out everyone’s bikes and shoot the sh**! Nothing crazy and no long drawn out rides where anyone gets lost or disruptive, drunk or stupid. 
Just some fun trail riding. 

Any suggestions/input-would be great. 
Let us know what you think.
Maybe April ? @06kfx440made a good point that it’s still cool enough but also not too cool.😎 
This goes out to all members that feel
like taking the ride and joining us should this come together. #letsdoit 

It's 100% legal to ride. There are some places that aren't legal but fun as hell to open up for drag races. I would have 5 coming along with me. So feel free to Invite your buddies. Again. It's legal but don't trash our spot because that guarantees a place to ride again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for checking in brother.  Weather is good so far. Seen some snow showers on the way up.  We rode today the trails were great. Met up with @06kfx440 at the trails and then the camp site for a little while. Good people!! Going hard tomorrow and will post some videos and pics on Sunday night. I herd the weather may be a little dicey tomorrow so we will play it by ear and see how it goes.  Otherwise we are blowing out of here in the afternoon hours.   Here is a few pics of the place and my boy crossing a creek.  

4A90FA61-AD60-4A4D-A108-D573D8CDA4BD.jpeg

AD5338F9-016F-44B3-89EE-06AD0BA6BD84.png

28E00E60-B7DE-4893-9E56-0A1E76ADE83D.jpeg

80C19C5E-23C9-4475-8D74-C51D6B79E345.jpeg

• Like 2

@06kfx440 ok, didnt know if this was the same ride..  @Frank Angerano looks like a lot of fun!  that creek is pretty deep- I cut the stock snorkel off my polaris to let more air in so I currently cant get in water up past the seat..

well looking at it again, it looks like it was just splashing up around the front of the atv making it look deeper..

The place  was great. I agree with @06kfx440 it was cold and wet but a blast!!! We hit some deep sh**, the mud was  crazy and that tunnel was really cool. 

We barely scratched the surface of the trails and can’t wait to go back when it’s a little warmer.   The place has a dealership and a parts place of all brands on the way into the trails. Coincidence? NOT! Money maker and a life saver all in one.  My bike acted up the first 5 min of being there. I needed a new plug and thought for sure I had one.  Nope!  Anyway walked right into the parts place and picked up a few.   Professional, courteous and no price gouging.  The place it a good time. I hope nobody screws it up! 

F739B9B5-122E-407C-89A8-1752CD2FE63B.jpeg

E80D07A2-4F97-4D1B-AA37-3B26508CE1C3.jpeg

2CF24C20-E8A2-47FE-8F8E-D097D7931F83.MOV

• Like 2

Lost Trails is only 10 minutes from my house, so I buy the year pass. Part of the trails was once a gravity railroad which is why the tunnel doesn't look like your typical railroad tunnel because no locomotives ran on this line. Cars were pulled up inclines with a stationary steam engine then coasted to the next lifting plane by gravity only. Ruins of two of the engine houses are also along the trails. I have collected quite a few artifacts from the place including several sections of strap rail.

The view from "top of the world" I caught a Steamtown excursion heading to Tobyhanna.

Mike

1021171251 (Medium).jpg

1021171252 (Medium).jpg

PTDC0004 (Medium).JPG

PTDC0044 (Medium).JPG

PTDC0045 (Medium).JPG

PTDC0097 (Medium).JPG

• Like 1