Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Are you new to the site? Where are you from?

Welcome, it's nice when your wife/girlfriend likes to ride.

ya it is nice but alot of the time i worry that she is going to get messed up trying to keep, sum what up with me. i want to find sum other ppl that ride quads so she can ride with them as well. i think it would help her progression.

MWilliamson, welcome to the site. As my just explained we love Rabbit Valley and always been curios about the trails we see just north of 70. Do you ever come to our side of the divide?

Every once and a while. We (my girlfriend and i) have never been over their to ride. Didnt know of anywhere to go that was good. But we were wanting to make a few trips out of town this summer (little sahara and white wash dunes ut. and maybe a trip to wy. )

Their is quite a bit of riding around here so its hard to Justify leaving but we like different terrain . Is there some good riding that way?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm From Northeast Pa...my name is Rusty aka Muddie49..this is my first ATV, but i've rode dirtbikes and raced in Nj for a number of years, I ride a Polaris 500 HO 2009, its been alot of fun and i'm hopeing to hit western PA in the future for one of those camping and riding trips.right now its local trips because i'm waiting on a trailer to haul the big girl around.Ihope to get to know a few of you in the future and maybe even share a trail with yous...i love the site and keep up the good work. MUDDIE:wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darcy379

Hello. Iam very new to this site and the whole chattin online thing. You all have to bear with me,iam typing on a blackberry. I live in Dartmouth Nova Scotis Canada.

• 10 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I own a small farm in north central Missouri. I mainly ride my 02 Grizzly 660, which is pretty much stock right now but will be getting some upgrades. It does have a 3500 lb. winch and heated grips. I also have an 87 Big Bear 400 that I use for fencing and other chores around my farm, its also for visitors to ride.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, Hodadical said:

New to the site, from Winston-Salem, NC

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

2 hours ago, AgmansGrizzly said:

Hello,

I own a small farm in north central Missouri. I mainly ride my 02 Grizzly 660, which is pretty much stock right now but will be getting some upgrades. It does have a 3500 lb. winch and heated grips. I also have an 87 Big Bear 400 that I use for fencing and other chores around my farm, its also for visitors to ride.

Welcome! It’s always nice when there is a spare quad for friends to ride 😁

17 minutes ago, Ajmboy said:

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

Welcome! It’s always nice when there is a spare quad for friends to ride 😁

Thank you kindly, this seems like a very friendly group of people, and a great place to get good help and information, I hope I will be able to help others as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 10:59 PM, AgmansGrizzly said:

Thank you kindly, this seems like a very friendly group of people, and a great place to get good help and information, I hope I will be able to help others as well.

Welcome, it is a very good place if you are into ATVs and offroad!

On 3/27/2021 at 1:03 AM, smackoif1357 said:

Nashville, Michigan

Welcome!

1 hour ago, audie said:

audie...........dutch settlement, nova scotia here. i glad i found this site ,thanks for the invite...

Wow pretty cool, outside the US, Welcome! How's the riding in Nova Scotia?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Tim-ANC
      What happened to this site? Looks like it had a large and active membership until a couple years ago. Rather a ghost town now. Most people just asking their questions and passing through.
    • By bansheedave
      Hello everyone. Just found the site. Was drawn in by the 3 wheeler section but I see it isn't used very much..lol anyways, I'm from Michigan. Not new to quads. Had some real bad experiences on them over the years. I've long switched to bikes but do own a 3 wheeler.
    • By rhonda
      hey, i'm rhonda. i ride an 05 trx450r. heres a picture of my quad, one of me, and one of my son and husband--dont have any of me on my quad in my pc apparently. i just need something to do to pass some down time at work... i am 23, married, and a mommy of a 2monther.

• By gkingpolisher420
      hello riders,new guy in the house.i am a owner operator of a custom metal polishing shop,located in southeast indiana.i live to polish and love to ride!!
      If you have any nasty looking parts that you might want to refinish hit me up,carbs,rims,trees,lower legs,swingarms,cylinders,heads,covers well you get the idea.
      For more info pm or email me i will hook you up!!!
      THANKS.........GREG KING
    • By Nomad67
      Hey all, just stumbled across this place so i joined up. I hope to meet a few new people and possibly find a few new places to ride in Southern Ontario.
  • eManualOnline
  • Similar Topics

• By ProblemChild
      Just got over the weekend and can't even get a sputter from it starter clutch missing the top idler so it's pull rope only. Seems to have plenty of compression and it has spark when checked with plug out 
      I've spray starting fluid directly in carburetor and while manually opening up the choke still nothing not even trying to start. Changed the plug as well. I'm going to order the starter clutch idler and anything else bad or missing but I want to at least hear it stumble or something but I tear apart. Carburetor was nasty and I'm getting cleaned up nice. I have fuel, spark, and compression. Even tried to spray in cylinder then stick the plug back in.
      With all that in mind what else can stop it from even trying
    • By Hagbard
      Gotta love Facebook Marketplace, and the crackheads that you can buy things from on there... 

Naturally, I'm like "Hook up the trailer, let's go get this pile of eBay parts!" and hauled ass to this dude's house with 3 crisp Benjamins to wave under his nose. Showed up about 20 minutes early to find him and his buddy hastily reassembling the pile of plastics into a semi-presentable quad, using some real sweet bulk bin galvanized hex bolts from Tractor Supply Racing Co.
      Looked it over and handed him the three bills in exchange for a transferrable registration from 11 years ago, and a STACK of handwritten bills of sale from the last 11 years, since apparently no one has gotten it functional (for long). Average ownership period ranges from 6 months to 2 years. Fingers crossed, lads!

Got it home, and hit it with a healthy dose of bike wash and the pressure washer, more bike wash, a lot of scrubbing, and more pressure washing to get years worth of crud off of it. The entire left side of the crankcase was covered in an eighth inch of caked oil mud, as though there had been a catastrophic loss of oil at some point in the past, because it was nowhere near the drain or fill holes. Totally opposite side. Managed to find the VIN hiding in there and ran it for giggles.

PO mentioned that he "had it running at the beginning of the season, but it was 'rough' " and that he had cleaned the carb, but it didn't help much. And now it just plain wouldn't fire at all. Kind of threw his hands up and shrugged.  So, after cleaning it up enough to turn wrenches without looking like a Texas oilman, I took off the plastics and started poking around. Found a few fishy spots in the harness where previous attempts at repairs had been shoddily made and hidden with black tape. Sorted those out, drained and filled with fresh oil and a filter, and hooked up a battery. Turned the key, got a green light, hit the starter switch and got a little grunt and squeak out of it, then nada. No light, no nothing. Pulled out the DeOxIt D5 and started pulling apart all the connectors and giving them the business. put everything back together again, turned the key, got green light, and starter cranked! Then nothing again. Started fiddling with the wiring and connections while watching the green light, and saw a flicker when I bumped the 25A fuse holder. Gave it a squeeze, and sure enough, the light came on. Thing was full of powdered remains of spade terminals, so I installed a NOS replacement model from RADIO SHACK that had been swimming around in my toolbox for nigh a decade. Sure of my fix, I tried the starter again, and NOTHING again. More fiddling revealed that the OTHER fuse holder (15A) was the same. Homebrewed another fuse holder from spade connectors and shrink tubing, hooked it all up and everything was good.

Now that I could crank it, I poured a couple cups of gas in the tank and pulled the plug to check for spark. Good blue spark, once I cleaned up the theretofore fouled plug and gapped it. Screwed it back in, with a healthy dose of ether, and gave it a crank. Not even a wheeze or a sputter. Off with the carb!

So, I think our old friend PO has a drastically different definition of "carb cleaning" than I do. I'm thinking maybe he wiped down the OUTSIDE of the thing, and was shocked that it had little to no result. That white stuff is a combination of powdered aluminum oxide and near-varnish fuel. Has the consistency of slight dried mayonnaise or white library paste, but no pleasant wintergreen aroma to match.   A quick perusal of the Amazon bargain bin turned up a carb (BST31SS) and non-vacuum petcock for $25, with a caveat that the carb required minor modifications to fit. Four days and a lot of sandblasting and surface prep on the plastics while I waited, the carb arrived today and I drilled out the ferrules for the choke and throttle cables to accept slip-fit cables instead of thread-ins. Other than that, the only difference was a lack of one vacuum port for the petcock, which I had anticipated and purchased a regular old one with no vac diaphragm in it. Safety first, amirite?

Now with definite spark, and reliable fuel delivery, I started cranking and fiddling with the idle and air screws, managed to get it to fire up - almost literally~ There was a LOT of smoke coming from near the exhaust port on the head, thought I had loose header studs for a minute, then realized it was just more of the old oil mud I had missed while cleaning, burning off between the fins on the head and the exhaust heat shield.

First fire up - lots of smoke

While I was changing the oil, I took the opportunity to pull off the access covers and adjust the clutch and valve lash, so I was feeling OK about running it a little more. Got the idle and mixture set a bit better and decided to test out the transmission and shifting a little.

Testing reverse

Realized I left the parking brake set, so it stalled out. Oops.  Another thing I did while waiting for Brown Suit Santa to bring my carb was to remove the diff lockout pin from the shifting mechanism and I wanted to see if it worked. Here's the quad, up on the lift, minus the LF wheel (due to a seized cylinder I've since replaced) with range set to HIGH, and Differential Lock engaged. Worked like a charm. Had to holler at the dog who was camped out below the rear tire  Dog under the tire. Again. I think she has a death wish. Or perhaps aspirations of being a jackstand in the pro-leagues.

Testing Diff Lock in High Range

Put the wheel cylinder in, (Dorman w38750 for a 1991 Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift was a precise fit and only $10) to replace this crusty POS:

put the wheel and hub back together, put seat back on and fired it up. Made sure it would start again after turning it off.

Long Live The King

All the repairs appear to have been successful all around! I took it out for a quick rip up the street and back, needs a little bigger main jet (it came with a 145 installed, which I swapped out for the 120 OEM spec, but it feels boggy at WOT, so I'm going to experiment a little after I get the airbox back together, but 145 seems like a big jump.

I'll try to post an update once I have the plastics all refinished and installed next week. Pretty sure it's going to be yellow, no camo or green bullshit for me thanks   Hope you didn't hate my post.
    • By Ajmboy
      OK, so I'm a boxing fan...anyone watch last night's fight between Manny Pacquiao & Ricky Hatton?

The PacMan is just too fast and too accurate. Floyd Mayweather just announced yesterday that he's coming out of retirement to fight Marquez in July. Maybe we'll get a December fight between Pretty Boy and the PacMan?
      So, Manny has convincingly beaten up DeLaHoya (just announced his retirement from boxing) and now Hatton...
    • By Asen_77
      Hi All,
      My name is Asen and I am from Eastern Europe, Bulgaria. Riding a Yamaha Raptor 700R and this is my first Quad wanted for a vey long time :)

• By Otter9099
      What battery type is best wet cell, agm or lithium? Who makes the most reliable battery for atv's? I need to replace a battery on my qtv. It had a wet cell lead acid. What doe you recomend for a replacement battery that is not a fortune and that is reliable?