Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ed1228

Arctic cat 2006 400 lcd display

Having a problem on my 2006 400. LCD display will not power up. Check fuses under seat seem ok. Is there any inline fuses I should know about....Any help?

First thing, try unhooking the battery for a while, 20 minutes is supposed to be plenty, but overnight is better. Sometimes that resets it. Otherwise, as long as the fuses are ok, take the pod off, and check for a loose connection.

Thanks, I'll give it a try....Have you ever had this problem? Nobody I ride with has ever had anything like this.

Yeah, but mine was self inflicted. I did a back flip, which smacked it off the ground pretty hard. If I hadnt' been under there to cushion the blow it might have been really damaged bad.

Unhooking wasn't necessary in my case because I found a blown fuse. Get this, the headlight fuse. Mine would illuminate, but was showing blank everything.

Anyway, conventional knowledge is that unhooking the battery will reset it. If it doesn't, you may be in for another pod, but make sure you check all plugs and connections.

On my 2007 400 the pod is connected through the accessory port. The fuse for the accessory blew and the pod went out. It would light up, but no instruments. Check to see if you have power on the accessory port, that might be the clue you need.

Mike

Did you get it up and running yet?

Also corrosion builds up on the conector where the wiring harness plugs into the cluster. Take the connection apart, clean it with compressed air or something in that order. Then seal with di electric grease.

There is also a pinch point for the wiring harness near the handle bar riser. Check for worn wires.

If you still have problems I know someone who fixes them for a hobby send me a pm and I will fill you in.

Thanks all for the advice. I have it up at a cabin I have in Pennsylvania, so I can only check on it on the weekends. I plan to go up this weekend and try all the fixes out. I did not check the acc. port as Mike suggested, but it is the same problem I'm having. the back light will light but nothing else. I did check the fuse, but I will recheck it and also disconnect for a night. I will let you guys know how I make out.....also if anybody else knows of anything let me know...

Thanks,

Ed

A thanks to all who gave me advice on what to try. I unhooked the battery over night and it reset it self. I rode for a few hours yesterday without a problem!

Thanks,

Ed

Glad it worked, and thanks for letting us know. Of course you never know if it'll happen again, or what caused it, but as long as you can reset it life is good.:wink:

Cat wins, glad it worked out for you. You know we all live in PA you should let us know if you want to run some of the fall poker runs with us.

A thanks to all who gave me advice on what to try. I unhooked the battery over night and it reset it self. I rode for a few hours yesterday without a problem!

Thanks,

Ed

Glad to hear that it worked out.

Just bringing this back up...2008 AC 400. My LCD display turns on, but the display is messed up. I can only see a couple things on the display. If I push down on the display screen, I can start to see everything, but when I let go it all does away again. This quad has been driven twice since I bought it, so I really dont think anythings damaged, maybe just loose. Any ideas? also how do you take these things apart?

You have to remove the two plastic screws (be careful not to strip them) under the front of the pod. Then the key switch. The pod swings up from the front then out from around the bracket in the front. Unhook the harness and blow the connection out with compressed air. If you want there are two screws to take the display off. I do not recommend taking it apart but if you do, do it slowly. Clean everything with electrical parts cleaner and reassemble. Use dielectric grease in the connector and hopefully that works. Let us know how you make out.

took out the display, cleaned the connection, plugged back in. NO GOOD. something inside the display is broke. This at has seen riding time twice......it has less then 3 hours on it. And my warratny ended a mnoth and a half ago. BULLSHIT, I can deal with out it, I think it was $330 for a replacement.

I honesly liked the analog display better, atleast it would tell you what gear you were in!!!!!! (i have 5 spd.)

I am going to see if my friend cleans them. He is able to swap out the leds to different colors and stuff. I know you can disassemble the display and clean the circuit board with contact cleaner. The display is a common problem on cats. If you want to try and e-mail my friend directly PM me and I will give you his contact info. I don't know if is against forum policy to post it in the thread.

I am going to see if my friend cleans them. He is able to swap out the leds to different colors and stuff. I know you can disassemble the display and clean the circuit board with contact cleaner. The display is a common problem on cats. If you want to try and e-mail my friend directly PM me and I will give you his contact info. I don't know if is against forum policy to post it in the thread.

thanks man, sent you a pm

No problem posting his email address, however I personally would do it through PM's.