Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but mine was self inflicted. I did a back flip, which smacked it off the ground pretty hard. If I hadnt' been under there to cushion the blow it might have been really damaged bad.

Unhooking wasn't necessary in my case because I found a blown fuse. Get this, the headlight fuse. Mine would illuminate, but was showing blank everything.

Anyway, conventional knowledge is that unhooking the battery will reset it. If it doesn't, you may be in for another pod, but make sure you check all plugs and connections.

Did you get it up and running yet?

Also corrosion builds up on the conector where the wiring harness plugs into the cluster. Take the connection apart, clean it with compressed air or something in that order. Then seal with di electric grease.

There is also a pinch point for the wiring harness near the handle bar riser. Check for worn wires.

If you still have problems I know someone who fixes them for a hobby send me a pm and I will fill you in.

Thanks all for the advice. I have it up at a cabin I have in Pennsylvania, so I can only check on it on the weekends. I plan to go up this weekend and try all the fixes out. I did not check the acc. port as Mike suggested, but it is the same problem I'm having. the back light will light but nothing else. I did check the fuse, but I will recheck it and also disconnect for a night. I will let you guys know how I make out.....also if anybody else knows of anything let me know...

Thanks,

Ed

• 3 months later...

Just bringing this back up...2008 AC 400. My LCD display turns on, but the display is messed up. I can only see a couple things on the display. If I push down on the display screen, I can start to see everything, but when I let go it all does away again. This quad has been driven twice since I bought it, so I really dont think anythings damaged, maybe just loose. Any ideas? also how do you take these things apart?

You have to remove the two plastic screws (be careful not to strip them) under the front of the pod. Then the key switch. The pod swings up from the front then out from around the bracket in the front. Unhook the harness and blow the connection out with compressed air. If you want there are two screws to take the display off. I do not recommend taking it apart but if you do, do it slowly. Clean everything with electrical parts cleaner and reassemble. Use dielectric grease in the connector and hopefully that works. Let us know how you make out.

took out the display, cleaned the connection, plugged back in. NO GOOD. something inside the display is broke. This at has seen riding time twice......it has less then 3 hours on it. And my warratny ended a mnoth and a half ago. BULLSHIT, I can deal with out it, I think it was $330 for a replacement.

I honesly liked the analog display better, atleast it would tell you what gear you were in!!!!!! (i have 5 spd.)

I am going to see if my friend cleans them. He is able to swap out the leds to different colors and stuff. I know you can disassemble the display and clean the circuit board with contact cleaner. The display is a common problem on cats. If you want to try and e-mail my friend directly PM me and I will give you his contact info. I don't know if is against forum policy to post it in the thread.

I am going to see if my friend cleans them. He is able to swap out the leds to different colors and stuff. I know you can disassemble the display and clean the circuit board with contact cleaner. The display is a common problem on cats. If you want to try and e-mail my friend directly PM me and I will give you his contact info. I don't know if is against forum policy to post it in the thread.

thanks man, sent you a pm

No problem posting his email address, however I personally would do it through PM's.

• 10 years later...

Assuming your machine is a similar year as my old one (2007) Its not hard to remove the pod. Under the front instrument cluster you will see screws that have to be taken out.

(They face the front of the machine)

Next unscrew the ignition switch, it also hold the cluster in place. (Third picture shows that)

This will allow you to flip the cluster over to reveal the two nuts that are holding the pod in place. Unplug the pod and take these two nuts out and then you can pull out the pod.

Mike

SANY0001 (Large).JPG

SANY0004 (Large).JPG

2013-02-12_17-02-07_812 (Large).jpg