Quantcast

2007 Arctic Cat DVX400 cutting out

dirtdevil96

I'm putting this in the Suzuki section because my machine is essentially a Suzuki LTZ400and there's more traffic/knowledge in this section. (moved into Arctic Cat Forum..by ajmboy)

I have a 2007 Arctic Cat DVX400 and I recently installed a Pro Design tether kill switch-normally closed(I think;it grounds when tether is pulled)and a Procomm cdi box(+1K rpm & different ign curves).I installed the kill switch as directed(one wire to ground and one wire to trigger positive) and I richened the a/f mix screw as a precaution.I went and rode a couple hard,high rpm test rides and it started cutting out and died.It was very hard to restart and when it does restart it sounds as if a valve is sticking open and it doesn't want to rev for a little while.I got worried and reinstalled my oem cdi and it does the same thing.It runs fine at low/mid rpm and doesn't make any strange noises either.What do you think I screwed up?Please help;thankyou

Edited by Ajmboy

* I moved you into the Arctic Cat Forum and renamed the title thread, which should help to get some replies.

Double check all of your connections to make sure that they are tight. Once you installed your aftermarket parts, did it first ride fine? How long until it started to buck or run rough and then die?

Do you need a wiring schematic? If so: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/arctic-cat-atv-forum/6869-2007-arctic-cat-400-auto-auto-le-wiring-diagram.html

Thanks for the reply.I tried to edit the title after posting but couldn't get it to go through.That wiring diagram isn't for my machine.I have a 2wd DVX400 sport quad.It has the same engine,frame,suspension,etc as the Suzuki LTZ400.I looked in the Artic Cat section before posting and it was all 4wd posts.That was why I put it in the Suzuki section

I think I have it fixed.I took both the kill switch and the Procomm cdi box off and reset the carb fuel screw to the orig settings as per the jet kit instructions.It still cut out intermittently at high rpm.I was messing with it and noticed the clear inline fuel filter I had installed about 1 !/2 yrs ago wasn't staying full.I set the fuel petcock to prime and it ran better.I ended up taking the petcock off and apart and found some fuzz around the pickup screens.I cleaned out the fuzz and installed a new fuel filter and it runs good now.I'm gonna reinstall the parts I took off and see if the problem was just the fuel restriction or not.Do you think I should put in a bigger main jet when I put the cdi back on?Thanks for the replies!

I think I have it fixed.I took both the kill switch and the Procomm cdi box off and reset the carb fuel screw to the orig settings as per the jet kit instructions.It still cut out intermittently at high rpm.I was messing with it and noticed the clear inline fuel filter I had installed about 1 !/2 yrs ago wasn't staying full.I set the fuel petcock to prime and it ran better.I ended up taking the petcock off and apart and found some fuzz around the pickup screens.I cleaned out the fuzz and installed a new fuel filter and it runs good now.I'm gonna reinstall the parts I took off and see if the problem was just the fuel restriction or not.Do you think I should put in a bigger main jet when I put the cdi back on?Thanks for the replies!

That's great to hear!

I looked in the diagrams, This is the diagram for a DVX 250, I don't have one listed for the 400 DVX so they may be the same.

I would post the entire document but its too big. it includes all 2007 Arctic Cat models.

Mike

Isn't this for the 400: http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/arctic-cat-atv-forum/6869-2007-arctic-cat-400-auto-auto-le-wiring-diagram.html

• 1 month later...

I would say to clean out your carb, if you found debris in the petcock then there is a good chance you may have something in your carb. Once you clean it then ride it and see how it runs and if you are still having problems I would play with the jetting a bit, I dont know your altitude or anything but stock jetting can cause problems. Get the spark plug diagram and see how your air/fuel mixture is and take it from there. Also be sure to keep your air filter clean.