Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

accident

TPbandit

So 2 weeks ago sunday i had a accident on my 86' atc250r. Hit a water hole wen i was riding the trails in six gear , i went over handle bars and landed 6 feet ahead of the trike. <Trike ended up in some pine trees some what screw up. Only minor damage to radiator, shroud, front fender, and shifter shif lever. i fractured 3 vertbras in my neck. Kinda lucky. Im not paralyzed or dead, as DOC put it. Got 4-6 weeks off work, and found out that as uv next monday im laid off for 30 days. (:>(::::::::::::

Edited by TPbandit

Every things feeling and looking good so far, necks really sore in the morning when i get up. And NO i wasn't wearing a helmet. That was 1 thing that i forgot to grab before we went riding. But any ways i guess it could of been a hell of a lot worse. Could of split my head on a rock or something.

I wish you a speedy recovery and good luck dealing finances. It may actually be a good thing that you got laid off, since you can't claim unemployment benefits if you get hurt and can't work. I have pulled that same move with the puddle, and I cracked a couple of ribs and got some nice bumps and bruises but I was able to ride home although my steering stem was best so bad that the handle bars were practically sitting on top of the gas tank.

Every things feeling and looking good so far, necks really sore in the morning when i get up. And NO i wasn't wearing a helmet. That was 1 thing that i forgot to grab before we went riding. But any ways i guess it could of been a hell of a lot worse. Could of split my head on a rock or something.

6th gear and no helmet?? by the sounds of it you're lucky to be alive....NEVER ride without a helmet! that is the one thing i where no matter what. I don't know how many trees I've bounced off of throughout the past few years....good luck on your recovery...keep us updated!!

• 3 months later...

How did you bust up the vertebrae? Did you land in the water or the ground?

Hope your recovery is speedy and you don't suffer any future complications from your injuries.

Ive been down and out since Halloween. I broke my ankle in three places and tore the ligaments. I thought I would break my first bone doing something extreme like skydiving, hangliding, rock climbing, three wheeling. But noooooo! I break my ankle all to ell by walking to my car!!! I slipped on a tree stump covered with wet leaves. Im in a walking cast right now and still rely on crutches and a wheelchair to get around. I miss walking, driving, and riding!!!!

• 2 weeks later...