DeadAim

Fav. Sport Quad of all time

81 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm just trying to get this section up and rolling.. Post your fav. sports quad of all time.. And your reasons why.. No shooting the other members down for their choice please!:D

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Well I Would Have To Say That My Favorite Quad Of All Time Would Have To Be The Good Ol Suzuki 500 Quadzilla And The Reason For That Is Because That Is Alot Of 2 Stroke Power Between The Legs......lol

Well I Would Have To Say That My Favorite Quad Of All Time Would Have To Be The Good Ol Suzuki 500 Quadzilla And The Reason For That Is Because That Is Alot Of 2 Stroke Power Between The Legs......lol

Yeah that is alot of power between the legs... But the ones iv riden have been just like a bomb.. I never knew when the thing was ganna blow a piston, atleast thats how it was with my uncles.

man I was going to say a quadzilla, I loved mine way back when 500 power! yea they had a fragile top end but hey ther were crazy fast!

best sport atv

I would have to say the yamaha blaster, why you ask?

cheap even new!

light wight

parts are cheap

easy to mod

fairly quick and nimble

looks decent

easy to maintain

2-stroke power baby!

and Ive seen 8 year olds handle them all the way up to 60 year olds!

can be draged, trail ridden, motor cross, gnc raced, duned, flat tracked, TT raced

even though I feal 2 small on my girlfreinds(not to mention its pink) I can still have a blast on it!

heyyy good thread here, posted way before i was a member i think :)

so, let's resurrect it...

my 400ex is my fav...nearly bulletproof, she's pretty and powerful and I LOVE HER :)

people expect my answer.

Outlaw 525.

first sport quad with true IRS.

quick.

not too heavy.

comes also in Straight axle.

its great all around.

but i also love the blaster.

for the same reasons as sykolincoln

I love my TRX450. It has the best ergonomics(for me) and plenty power. I might not win in a drag race but lets take it to the trails or desert. The thing is the prettiest of all the 450s. IMO Stock shocks suck, but everything else I love.

il definately have to say the raptor 700. incredible power, great handling, and looks awesome

Sport quad = Quadzilla

Utility = 680/650 Rincon

takr the my above post back my favorite is the 250r!

the best sport quad ever made

well its hard to choose between 4 and 2 stroke.

2 stroke is a shee

but 4 is a 525

Without a doubt the TRX 250R, completely dominant 22 years ago when it was introduced, and continued to dominate until the E.P.A and the new gen 4-strokes took over. Even the new 450R frame geometry is still not much different from the old R. Stellar handling, endless list of aftermarket parts and good old 2-stroke power.

BANSHEE!!!!!!!!!!!! A few bolt on mods and they are super quick... it can be adapted to all kinds of racing, drag, MX, XC, TT dirt track, sand... TONS of aftermarket parts... They made em for 20 years for a reason... parts are reasonably cheap...

I too am going to have to say the 250R. The classic red, white, and blue.

What i have ridden... DS 650- 250r- 450r- 400ex- blaster- banshee- z400- 426ex- 300ex

I have my z400 because it is my favorite of all I have been on. as you can see there are a lot i haven't ridden, but I like my aftermarket support, my ergos, and reverse.

I wish I could also have a 250r and a 450, but not sure which one, have not rode enough. But overall, I got a good balance of power, technology, and usability. The z is for me.

Great answers, shows how diverse our group is :)

I love my 400ex...cause compared to the 450r, shes lighter weight, thumb throttle is easier to push, less arm pump there....and shes got reverse, well can have if you get a newer model...

but i do love that you can get a rekluse for the 450...if they made one for a 400ex, i'd totally have that :)

I'd have to say the Yamaha Raptor 700 is one of the best ones. Fuel injection, reverse, don't have to mix fuel, and wet weight is around 400 lbs...yea!

how do you get 400lbs?

its 396 dry,

a gallon of gas will run about 5.8 to 6.5 lbs. and with a 2.9 gallon tank you are looking at around 414 lbs. thats just gas not counting everything else.

i see claims of about 428-430.

but thats ok. im 460 dry lol.

Favorite all time would undoubtedly be, hands down the 1989 Honda 250R

But my 06 Yamaha Raptor SE comes in on a very close second!

how do you get 400lbs?

its 396 dry,

a gallon of gas will run about 5.8 to 6.5 lbs. and with a 2.9 gallon tank you are looking at around 414 lbs. thats just gas not counting everything else.

i see claims of about 428-430.

I said ABOUT 400...notice I didn't specifically say under. Also depends on how many mods you have and what you've taken off. I've taken off the parking brake, and the heel guards and have light weight handlebars that don't have a cross bar. Jeesh...

And not even close to what an out of the box Raptor has, for its powerplant.

And not even close to what an out of the box Raptor has, for its powerplant.

The trailblazer in know way to be compared to the raptor. What was the point of that?

The trailblazer in know way to be compared to the raptor. What was the point of that?

Mindless, dribble!

Mindless, dribble!

Ah, I see! I suffer from the same thing sometimes.