Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

So after I finally got out and rode some better trails and some mud time I have been seriously thinking about adding a better tire and rim. Bigger and better for mud as well as tough terrain. 

I have  been looking around and can’t make my mind up. 

Im sure @mikeexplorer @Yamaha Grizzly @Gunny @06kfx440 @Ajmboy as well as many more members have opinions and more importantly a few different vendors that I can take a look at for pricing and availability!

Im looking at a 25 inch tire as a maximum without having to lift it or do any suspension work.  

While I'm on the topic I’m interested in snorkels! 

Yes I'm (we as in my oldest boy) are thinking about going deep! Kinda hooked on the mudding, water and crazy trail riding. 

• Like 1

I'm biased to the tires I'm still running 😋:

Well Frank, the tires Ajmboy mentioned are good tires. But since you mentioned you're liking the mud, water & want snorkels ... I'd look at the Maxxis Zilla tires. I've read they are a pretty good all around tire and pretty good in the mud. They are light, so they don't rob any horsepower, & they are fairly inexpensive, as far as ATV tires go.

No, I've never ran these tires, but I want to. However, I have to other sets of tires I need to wear at first ..... sigh .... and here's a good place to look at for purchasing, should you go with this tire, or any other brand/style they sell.

https://www.pureoffroad.com/maxxis_zilla_atv_tires.htm

• Like 1

Thank you fellas I’m going to make a move by the end of the week and get something ordered. 

A little more research and I think I’m going to pull the trigger and then on to a small or low profile snorkel.  

@Ajmboy what size did you go up to ? No suspension work needed ?  Did the bike feel higher? 

I have Maxxis Bighorns on my machines, a good all around tire, but your looking for more mudding time so it is probably not the best choice.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Ok so I think I made my mind up and going to go with a ITP Mega Mayhem tire. 

27 inch and most likely up a 2” lift kit while I’m at it.   

Going to go with a SS rim black powder coated. 

Any objections/suggestions on a lift kit pros and cons ? 

Doing the same thing on my sons 350 but staying with a 25 inch tire maybe a 26. No lift needed and a little less aggressive tread.

Got a great package deal of $1,575.00 for both sets mounted, lugs and lift kit for both bikes.  Sound fair ? 

E30CBBE7-2DCE-408C-8A5E-9A87775ACAEE.jpeg

00FC7E7C-DE8A-47FE-8146-E96DB8F0B9BC.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice ......

• Thanks 1

I was going to suggest itp or maxxis mudzillas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks @06kfx440 I’m excited.  I just looked at the bikes and all looks good as far as fit up.   Tomorrow morning I will pull the trigger.  

Do it bro. You'll be really happy. But no more pavement riding. That would feel like a lifted truck with aggressive tires that you feel everywhere.

Yea I’m kinda not pavement guy anyway but I’m going all in on this bitch and setting her up right.   And beefing up my sons 350 as well.  

I had those SS rims on my Cat, they look nice but they also offset the tires by 2 inches. It made it tricky to load / unload the quad because of setting up the ramps. The tires were on the edge with the Triton trailer and ramp placement for the jumping jack made it a tight fit with both quads on the deck.

I removed the rims last year and went back to standard rims.

Did you order the lug nuts for the rims? They are different the standard lug nuts.

Mike

On 5/7/2019 at 6:08 AM, Frank Angerano said:

@Ajmboy what size did you go up to ? No suspension work needed ?  Did the bike feel higher? 

Front:  27x9-14"

Rear:  27x11-14"

PS: I moved this topic to the ATV Tires and Rims forum 😋

22 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Thanks for the info @mikeexplorer . So the offset makes the bike wider ? 

I did order the lug/lug nuts.  

Yes, it moves the tires out about 2 inches.  First picture is with the SS rims. Second is one after replacing them with standard rims. What is a bit deceiving is the new tires are also 1 inch wider then the older ones.

Mike

0802181846a_HDR (Medium).jpg

0802181929a (Medium).jpg

Wow I see that!! It looks more then 2 inches. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.   

Would your truck fit your quad. I know I struggle with my kfx. That s why I bought a trailer.

Yes my truck fits, no issues  with room to spare. I’m also looking for a new trailer.  6x12 would work perfect. As long as performance is not an issue I can live with the projection of the tires out 2 more inches.  

the tires i run on my sportsman are kenda executioner 25in, great tires in/out of mud and dont ride rough on pavement either!

22 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Wow I see that!! It looks more then 2 inches. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.   

No, its just the camera angle for the second picture makes it look different. These pictures might be better, first one is with the SS rims, second with Arctic Cat Rims.

Where the ramps go to load & unload, it changes how much room I have on the deck of the trailer which although does not look like much, makes a big difference.

Mike

0926171827 (Medium).jpg

0927181625_HDR (Medium).jpg

Posted (edited)

I see that. I will definitely keep that in mind. How’s that trailer working out ? 

I watched the promo video again on there site.  What’s the price range for the trailer you have ? 

Edited by Frank Angerano

That has to be close to a 5x8

5x10 is my guess lol  those quads have to be more than 4 foot wide.excited monster GIF by PlayStation