cway

Need engine for 2004 Arctic Cat 500 TBX

I need a engine for a 04 500 tbx. My dads quad was really messed up by a local dealer they cracked the engine cases. I have now taken them to court got some coin from them and want to find a wrecked quad or junk yard that has a motor. Because a tear down part by part would cost way to much. Let me know what sourses you all have.

Thanks cway

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

* Changed to a more desciptive title for better response

I know it's a few months now..have you been able to find an engine?

No I still have not found a engine but I have not been looking that hard. I keep watching e-bay and the salvage yards but nothing yet.

Good luck finding your motor.

Might be the same motor in the cat that is found in the suzuki vinson also.

Thanks it looks like I am going to need it.

It very well maybe the same motor I have not found anyone that knows

if it is a 2005 then it prob is the suzuki motor arctic cat started making their own motor in the 2006 or 07 models first starting off with the h1 motor then making different class sized engines..

Yes it is a Suzuki Motor I know that I just don't know if the two will interchange. After looking I have not found any Suzuki 500's either. I am looking into putting a 650 H1 in it, I have to change the wire harness, Head pipe, and cdi for starters but it would give it more balls.

It would definitely give it more punch.

it wud def give it more punch but the motor mounts might not match up

Motor mounts are easily moved, new mounts are often the easiest part of a motor swap. Depending on how different the motors are, clearances and intake/exhaust plumbing are the most difficult part IMO. Are the 650 and 500 motors based on the same design? If so, the bottom end may bolt in the same, it may just be the top end that needs modification.

i was looking at the diagrams of both ur 500 and the 650 h1 and their very similar especial the mounts.. the only thing that was really noticeable was the exhaust and the top left side engine brackets... besides that their very similar.. and the intake as well is pretty similar the only thing was the exhaust pipe shield on the 650 which the 500 did not have

Well then, that might be a pretty easy swap, I guess that makes your chances of finding a motor a bit better as well.

So did you get the old one running? I had a similar starter problem on my 650, only got it fixed.

I have heard that the suzuki 500 will work,and they look like it will. I have a great running bike i'm thinking of parting out on ebay,its just that there hasn't been enough sold on there recently,and i dont want to put everything on there for nothing.but if i could guarantee to sell the engine,i would consider it. Email me @ [email protected] if you want to talk more.

COLTSFAN, welcome to QUADCRAZY! I see this is your first post. Glad you found us.

Thanks ajmboy,glad i found this site also.appreciate it,i will

* Adjusted thread title.