Quantcast

Need engine for 2004 Arctic Cat 500 TBX

cway

I need a engine for a 04 500 tbx. My dads quad was really messed up by a local dealer they cracked the engine cases. I have now taken them to court got some coin from them and want to find a wrecked quad or junk yard that has a motor. Because a tear down part by part would cost way to much. Let me know what sourses you all have.

Thanks cway

• 2 months later...

Yes it is a Suzuki Motor I know that I just don't know if the two will interchange. After looking I have not found any Suzuki 500's either. I am looking into putting a 650 H1 in it, I have to change the wire harness, Head pipe, and cdi for starters but it would give it more balls.

Motor mounts are easily moved, new mounts are often the easiest part of a motor swap. Depending on how different the motors are, clearances and intake/exhaust plumbing are the most difficult part IMO. Are the 650 and 500 motors based on the same design? If so, the bottom end may bolt in the same, it may just be the top end that needs modification.

i was looking at the diagrams of both ur 500 and the 650 h1 and their very similar especial the mounts.. the only thing that was really noticeable was the exhaust and the top left side engine brackets... besides that their very similar.. and the intake as well is pretty similar the only thing was the exhaust pipe shield on the 650 which the 500 did not have

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have heard that the suzuki 500 will work,and they look like it will. I have a great running bike i'm thinking of parting out on ebay,its just that there hasn't been enough sold on there recently,and i dont want to put everything on there for nothing.but if i could guarantee to sell the engine,i would consider it. Email me @ [email protected] if you want to talk more.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn.