lskivers

need help 2001 scrambler 90 spark

had spark lost spark found 2 wire that if i barly rub them together spark comes back but when i twist them together for solid contact spark go's away the wire that i found must have went to the switch that some one cut off the bike cause they lost the key the wires one is black with blue stripe and the other is the grond black if any one has one of these 4 wheelers could you please look at the wireing behind the switch and help me out or if you have the manual email me the wire diagram PLEASE!!!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You should be able to get it from your Polaris dealer. Nashville, Madison, Dickson, TN - ATVs, Motorcycles, Utility Vehicles, Can-Am, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Suzuki, Tomberlin, Yamaha Which is our dealer here in town has a parts finder part that has exploded views of parts this may help.

I just looked also, can't seem to find a wiring diagram for you...:frown:

Not sure if the Polaris website will have info, did you register with their riders section where they have parts & manuals? Polaris : User Signon

this thing is drivin me insane people i got a new complete wireing harness and key switch ,coil,battery the thing has a very weak spark the spark plug gap has to be set under.005 to get a spark ive even held on to the plug and it shocks me but nothin like it should and=y suggestion would be greatly appriciated thanks LOUIE SKIVERS:aargh::aargh::aargh::aargh:

Well it sounds to me like you are not getting a hot enough spark out of the coil.

Check all your cnnections and grounds (bolts to any frame connections)

Even though it's new, your coil or cdi could be defective.

You could have a bad plug wire, did you change that?

I agree, re-check for loose connections, and check the plug wire. You should also check the output from the stator.

I moved this thread to the Polaris Tech section. Where it belongs! It is basically a repeat topic. Please do not repeat a thread . I have already merged this topic once. It makes it easier to see what responses you have recieved. That way you don't get repeat answers.

This is not a repeat thread i got the wireing strait this is another problem

This is not a repeat thread i got the wireing strait this is another problem

icon8.gif Still need help with my boys scrambler 90

I GOT BRAND NEW WIRE HARNESS KEY SWITCH AND COIL AND CID CHECKED ALL THE GROUNDS BUT NOW I CANT GET A SPARK UNLESS THE GAP UN THE PLUG IS UNDER .005 ALLMOST SHUT COMPLETELY I HELD THE END OF PLUG BETWEEN MY FINGERS AND I SHOCKS ME BUT ONLY VERY MILD SHOCK KINDA LIKE A 9VOLT BATTERY ON YOUR TOUNGE GETTIN PRETTY PISSED THE TOP END HAS BEEN COPLETELY REDONE AND WIREING IS ALL BRAND NEW ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT THANKS LOUIE SKIVERSarghh.gifarghh.gifarghh.gifrealmad.gifrealmad.gif:rea lmad:

icon8.gifneed help with my boys scrambler 90

this thing is drivin me insane people i got a new complete wireing harness and key switch ,coil,battery the thing has a very weak spark the spark plug gap has to be set under.005 to get a spark ive even held on to the plug and it shocks me but nothin like it should and=y suggestion would be greatly appriciated thanks LOUIE SKIVERS

Looks like a repeat to me.

Agreed, you actually have three separate threads for the same issue. They have all been merged into the first thread you started. I understand that your situation has progressed, but it is still the same issue. Also, you also have said essentially the same thing in three separate posts. I deleted two of those. Please try not to repeat yourself. It is easier for every one if you keep things clean and consolidated.

did you ever figure out the problem with your son's quad? We are having the same problems, we're not getting any spark, we have replaced the spark plug. Still nothing. And advice or suggestions will help.