Quantcast

2009 Honda TRX700xx vs. 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

Okay... same motor specs: 686cc, XX weighs 90lbs more, XX tires are 2" taller, 1" taller, and a larger gas tank. So, duh, the XX is going to be faster, because of the 22" tires, put some 20's on it and I bet the Raptor would beat it on top speed. I could put 35's on my 350 and have a higher top speed than a 610 Cheetah Banshee! The Yamaha people are saying Raptor and the Honda people are saying XX. I can pull up all kinds of kill stories on R vs. XX's. The Raptor wins in many more catagories than the XX. Put a XX on the track and tell me how fun it it. IMO, the XX is 75% utility, has the weight, suspension, and comfort of a utility. And, I have a hard time believing that it was the fastest production quad of 2009. What about the 800 Renny? Or the Arctic Cat ThunderCat H2? The only reason people give me a hard time is because I am 13.

LMFAO, let's break down your statement and see why no one takes you serious...

"XX weighs 90lbs more, XX tires are 2" taller, 1" taller, and a larger gas tank"

Why and how would the XX being 90lbs more and a larger gas tank make it faster?

Why would we put 20" tires on a XX to slow it down so the raptor can keep up in stock form?

Put 35's on your little 350 and watch how fast you blow your tranny.. I have plenty of pics of a XX on an MX track. They do just fine.

Stick with your little Raptor 350 and keep dreaming and drewling about the precious Raptor 700:laugh: Learn more about other machines, other than what you read onthe Raptor forum then we will talk

Can we see some pics of those XX's on the track? I wanna see them! I am not brand loyal, as long as it looks good, and runs good. I like the 450R, the LTR, but there is something about the XX... eeewww...

I am not sticking with the 350 either, I need something a little different for what I do. Hmm, maybe I should get a XX...

Edited by rappy97

Hey man, it's cool. I'm just sayin' the Raptor is the best 700 out there. Just look at them! The XX is like a Bat Mobile that was in a accident, and someone glued it together with a bunch of Elmer's glue lol. Wow, that is alot of pics! That is like jumping a Cadillac! Is that your 450R... pretty sweet looking! I spend pretty much all day reading DirtWheels, and reading on different forums, I am quite educated when it comes to quads... that is about it though lol.

You know comparing a IRS atv to a solid axle atv is kinda stupid anyway, they are whole different machines. Get the xx if you ride trails, get the raptor if you ride dunes, if you race they are probably about the same (Not that great compared to a 450) Simple as that

This thread is getting ridiculous.. Who even cares what a top speed of a stock quad is? If you really want top speed your not going to keep it stock ether are you? And also i have heard actually quite a few people say raptors can hit around 82 stock..

This thread is getting ridiculous.. Who even cares what a top speed of a stock quad is? If you really want top speed your not going to keep it stock ether are you? And also i have heard actually quite a few people say raptors can hit around 82 stock..

I much prefer acceleration/handling over top speed...

But if we are comparing top speed of the raptor/XX I know the raptor will go 82 in the conditions I stated above. Far as handling/jumping I can't compare.

Drag racing on the other hand...

^You must be too for saying the XX is faster...

Allright this is gettin to be BS !!!! who cares if one is faster than the other !!:mad:Heck my HONDA 450R has come close to 80mph:biggrin: might have gone faster if it wasn`t carrying 230 lbs of fat :laugh:Ive eaten plenty of raptors for lunch with a 50+hp 450r NO BODY CARES !!!!! so with that being said lets move on !!!!!!! JMO ! Wheres my beer :laugh:

Pete... I hate to say it again... Raptors are faster and have more technology than DS650's.

QuadNut... You must be talking Raptor 90's, 125's, 250's, and 350's then right?

No im pretty sure hes talking about the raptor 700, which depending on the mods on both machines a 450 may or may not beat easily, but a 450 definitely can beat a 700.