Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2009 Honda TRX700xx vs. 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700

I have never ridden a 700XX. But I rode a 2010 SE Big 3 700R, Barker duals, PCV, AutoTune, and Amsoil Intake, open box. AMAZING! The owner has raced XX's and has beat them. They are extremly heavy, and have the same motor specs (686cc) and IMO, the 700R looks WAY better. You can get alot of used parts for great prices, because there are so many of them.

you give up something one way or another. I rather slide thru the corners than to try a balancing act. By what I have watched & read IRS is less stable in off camber riding. I would go with the Yamaha. With my prairie 650 it's the hands & arms that get abused from the front wheels hittig bumps,rock & roots. Dirt wheels has a owners report of the 700xx in june 2011

Put a stock Raptor next to a stock XX. The XX will win in a drag race. If the Raptor is so much better modded than the XX is, why isn't the Raptor winning any Baja races? The weight differnce between the 2 is not that much. Honda shows the weight ready to ride. yammy shows the weight with now fluids. The IRS actually makes it more stable in the turns. The body rolls more but tires stay firmly planted. On a straight axle the inside rear wheel lifts through turns, you are actually only on 3 wheels.

6 people who ride yamahas told you that. I will give the raptor is better in the dunes. But how can you say that its better all around? Especially in any kind of rough terrain the raptor has about 4" of clearance and the xx has about 9 I think. Good luck keeping up on a raptor. Itp makes a 10" wheel for the xx which solves any tire finding issue.

If your going to be riding on rough trails Why not go with a utility quad. To me a sport quad is more for tracks & open fast trails. The best of both worlds one be to own a utility & sport atv. Like I said before each style of quad has it's advantages & disadvantages You need to find what works for you we can all give our input but your the one who will be riding it. Test ride them both see what you like and dislike about each one either way you go Honda & Yamaha are great quads. It's not always about which one will out run the other one unless you plan on racing and then you need to check what upgrades are out there for each quad and compare which one would make the better racing machine. The newer utility atv's handle well and are fast quads too. The top speeds are close between the too a sport just gets their a little faster. On an mx track a sport is going to come out on top but for playing in the rough a good 4x4 utility is hard to beat. So just do your research and choose whats best for you.

The 700XX is is 90lbs more, and how many XX's do you see on the track. I have never saw any, and why would you think a XX would win in a drag? I have saw stockers race 300' and the XX lost by alot, and I have saw Big 3 bikes race, 700R blows it away!?!?!?!

Just for the record this 700XX schooled these raptors all stock !! It took a modded raptor to beat him !!!:laugh:

IMI5-8-10008.jpg

On any given day anyone can beat anyone !!! Depends who`s got more $$$

Okay... same motor specs: 686cc, XX weighs 90lbs more, XX tires are 2" taller, 1" taller, and a larger gas tank. So, duh, the XX is going to be faster, because of the 22" tires, put some 20's on it and I bet the Raptor would beat it on top speed. I could put 35's on my 350 and have a higher top speed than a 610 Cheetah Banshee! The Yamaha people are saying Raptor and the Honda people are saying XX. I can pull up all kinds of kill stories on R vs. XX's. The Raptor wins in many more catagories than the XX. Put a XX on the track and tell me how fun it it. IMO, the XX is 75% utility, has the weight, suspension, and comfort of a utility. And, I have a hard time believing that it was the fastest production quad of 2009. What about the 800 Renny? Or the Arctic Cat ThunderCat H2? The only reason people give me a hard time is because I am 13.