Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I'd have to say the Raptor. Check out this video:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

* Moved thread to This vs That forum Added full year and model correction.

Thanks for fixing it lmao. Didn't realize Teresa was a vs. Forum.

And after watching that video, I think the Honda would be best for me. As I don't have any sand at all, mostly gravel roads and grass trails with tons of dips and holes.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Edited by FutureRaptor

I have never ridden a 700XX. But I rode a 2010 SE Big 3 700R, Barker duals, PCV, AutoTune, and Amsoil Intake, open box. AMAZING! The owner has raced XX's and has beat them. They are extremly heavy, and have the same motor specs (686cc) and IMO, the 700R looks WAY better. You can get alot of used parts for great prices, because there are so many of them.

I would get the Raptor 700 mainly because it has a solid rear axle as opposed to IRS, which makes it a lot better for cornering fast and plus its close to 100lbs lighter

IRS will cause the atv to roll over a lot more and be far less stable in the corner, and yes it would slide a lot more with a solid axle, but thats what you want on dirt.

Raptor 700R's are the best, hands down, sat on both, looked at both, and read alot about both...

IRS will cause the atv to roll over a lot more and be far less stable in the corner, and yes it would slide a lot more with a solid axle, but thats what you want on dirt.

Most people that I know put a sway bar on the rear And its suppose to take care of that problem !!

you give up something one way or another. I rather slide thru the corners than to try a balancing act. By what I have watched & read IRS is less stable in off camber riding. I would go with the Yamaha. With my prairie 650 it's the hands & arms that get abused from the front wheels hittig bumps,rock & roots. Dirt wheels has a owners report of the 700xx in june 2011

i have rode both and i would rather have the raptor,the honda also has odd size rear wheels and their is not much of a selection of tires for it

Put a stock Raptor next to a stock XX. The XX will win in a drag race. If the Raptor is so much better modded than the XX is, why isn't the Raptor winning any Baja races? The weight differnce between the 2 is not that much. Honda shows the weight ready to ride. yammy shows the weight with now fluids. The IRS actually makes it more stable in the turns. The body rolls more but tires stay firmly planted. On a straight axle the inside rear wheel lifts through turns, you are actually only on 3 wheels.