Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our ATV Community and post in our forums, create your own ATV club, share your photos and videos, download manuals, and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

Ajmboy

Safety Is A Concern For Kids ATVs

Safety Is A Concern For Kids ATVs

The family is into racing ATVs and now the children want to get in on the action. How do you start with someone who is too young to drive a car, but yet sees other children their own age charging through the woods racing an ATV? A tough decision for parents, but with a lot of planning and instruction your kids ATV can become a reality.

Safety should be your first concern before getting the kids ATVs for their own use. You should plan on doing your research to make sure that you get the best kids ATV available for their age group and size. The research should include surfing the web and also by reading Consumer Reports—both of these will provide you with a tremendous amount of information on kids ATVs.

It is recommended that the youngest kid ATV riders should have an ATV that has an engine with no more than 4.3 cubic inches. There are not too many choices at this size for kids ATVs, but you want to ensure that your child is not riding a machine that it too large for them to handle.

As a concerned parent, you should check into the ATV Safety Institute. This group offers safety courses all over the country. The experienced instructors will teach you and your kids about pre-ride inspections, warm up exercises, braking, turning, and shifting. They also teach you about clutch and throttle control and about the importance of body position and simple maintenance. In addition they cover riding techniques and how to tackle obstacles, hills and different kinds of trails. All of these issues are important safety issues for your kids ATV riding.

So, what are the features will your kid's ATV have? One company has an experienced team of ATV enthusiasts that work with you on your kids ATV to hand select the perfect one. Each ATV they have is designed with safety in mind and they offer a 4-point safety system which includes a throttle limiter, an emergency kill switch, a safety kill tether and a remote kill key. The kid ATVs are safe and they come with a 4 stroke engine, headlights, an electric start and disk brakes. This company that focuses on safety with kid ATVs is Motorxtremes. They want to make sure that every kids ATV is safe and that the rider follows all safety precautions.

You should make sure that your kids ATV comes with all of the necessary additional safety equipment to make their ride as safe as possible. Every kid ATV rider should have a helmet with a full-face cover, goggles to keep dirt out of their eyes, gloves with finger and knuckle guards, a shirt with long sleeves and safety pads for their chest, shoulders, elbows and knees.

Make sure you and your children know the rules of riding ATVs. While you can not ensure that your kids ATV rides will be completely accident free, you can help them by providing the best additional safety equipment available.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Safty is a Good thing....Gear is a Good Thing...If you dont teach your kids the Basics none of the Gear will work....

Last Weekend....PISMO

IMG_3525.jpg

Showin off for the Ladies....:tongue:

IMG_3557.jpg

Nice article. I wish that the ATV manufacturers would look at there youth products and the law and fix the issue with regards to physical size of some of their ATVs.

Well I feel as if safety is the most important thing . In the news here in Pa. we see someone dieing because of a ATV accident way too often. Usually it is riders fault. Drinking,no helmet, and of course other things . i provide FREE safety training to kids 8 to 16. SOME PEOPLE CHARGE $50 . This is law in Pa.Our last class we had 2 adults who took the class. Do not pay for this class when we offer it for free. You do not have to belong to our club. Please feel free to contact me for a class. [email protected]

i don't think, the concern i for everyone , but the priority would be more side towards kids. let learn some related info, as we all know for a fact that helmets are made in order to use as safety gear while driving or riding in a motorcycle. It is so important to use because the safety of any riders depend as well in its kind of helmets to wear. That is why, it is necessary that one’s helmet is well made and with high quality to trust, so that it can assure of its best kind of use, most especially during the times of difficulties and accidents.

We cannot know what will happen next while you are riding in your motorcycle that is why, it is much better to always prepared and safe.

Life is too short to live about, that is why, it is important that you give the best that you can while living and you give the most care that you can, most especially if you are driving and riding on your motorcycle in almost every day of your lives. Thus, the use of motorcycle helmets is a necessary thing to have and to wear about.

In this matter, there are so many different kinds of helmets that are made in order to choose from. And those helmets are made in order to serve as a gear for safety purposes.

One of the recommended brands today is the arai helmets that is said to be one of the best that is just right to the needs of the many. It is in the industry of motorcycle for over years from now and still exists since we all know that this is really one of the best right now.

Another highly recommended kind of helmet is the use of scorpion helmets that has been trusted and reliable as well to trust.

So, why settle for anything else right now, when you know that you can have only the best that is just right for your needs. Now is the best time to choose the right one that you think is just fit to your need.

Edited by andyjoy

I agree with the safety gear issue, but not everyone can spend the money to buy the best. When it comes to kids safety it is mostly up to the parents to set a good example. The most advanced helmet in the world will not do any good if the person wearing it has no brains. Kids need to be taught properly and parents need to lead by example in everything they do.

I agree with the safety gear issue, but not everyone can spend the money to buy the best. When it comes to kids safety it is mostly up to the parents to set a good example. The most advanced helmet in the world will not do any good if the person wearing it has no brains. Kids need to be taught properly and parents need to lead by example in everything they do.

I agree:yes:

I agree 100%, setting a good example for kids is the best thing that a parent can do. This is an old thread, but a good one for someone to have dug up.