Which is better in your opinion.

Trx700xx*

-Posted with my iPhone.

Edited by Ajmboy

I'd have to say the Raptor. Check out this video:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

* Moved thread to This vs That forum Added full year and model correction.

Thanks for fixing it lmao. Didn't realize Teresa was a vs. Forum.

And after watching that video, I think the Honda would be best for me. As I don't have any sand at all, mostly gravel roads and grass trails with tons of dips and holes.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Edited by FutureRaptor

I have never ridden a 700XX. But I rode a 2010 SE Big 3 700R, Barker duals, PCV, AutoTune, and Amsoil Intake, open box. AMAZING! The owner has raced XX's and has beat them. They are extremly heavy, and have the same motor specs (686cc) and IMO, the 700R looks WAY better. You can get alot of used parts for great prices, because there are so many of them.

I would get the Raptor 700 mainly because it has a solid rear axle as opposed to IRS, which makes it a lot better for cornering fast and plus its close to 100lbs lighter

Wouldn't it be worse for cornering? Wouldn't it slide a lot more?

-Posted with my iPhone.

IRS will cause the atv to roll over a lot more and be far less stable in the corner, and yes it would slide a lot more with a solid axle, but thats what you want on dirt.

I'm mostly on rough trails though, grass and rocks lol

-Posted with my iPhone.

Raptor 700R's are the best, hands down, sat on both, looked at both, and read alot about both...

Haha well I've never ridden a sport quad so I guess anything would be awesome

-Posted with my iPhone.

IRS will cause the atv to roll over a lot more and be far less stable in the corner, and yes it would slide a lot more with a solid axle, but thats what you want on dirt.

Most people that I know put a sway bar on the rear And its suppose to take care of that problem !!

you give up something one way or another. I rather slide thru the corners than to try a balancing act. By what I have watched & read IRS is less stable in off camber riding. I would go with the Yamaha. With my prairie 650 it's the hands & arms that get abused from the front wheels hittig bumps,rock & roots. Dirt wheels has a owners report of the 700xx in june 2011

i have rode both and i would rather have the raptor,the honda also has odd size rear wheels and their is not much of a selection of tires for it

Make sure you get Barker Performance duals. Best of the best for Raptor exhaust...

Put a stock Raptor next to a stock XX. The XX will win in a drag race. If the Raptor is so much better modded than the XX is, why isn't the Raptor winning any Baja races? The weight differnce between the 2 is not that much. Honda shows the weight ready to ride. yammy shows the weight with now fluids. The IRS actually makes it more stable in the turns. The body rolls more but tires stay firmly planted. On a straight axle the inside rear wheel lifts through turns, you are actually only on 3 wheels.

6 people who ride yamahas told you that. I will give the raptor is better in the dunes. But how can you say that its better all around? Especially in any kind of rough terrain the raptor has about 4" of clearance and the xx has about 9 I think. Good luck keeping up on a raptor. Itp makes a 10" wheel for the xx which solves any tire finding issue.

The 700XX is is 90lbs more, and how many XX's do you see on the track. I have never saw any, and why would you think a XX would win in a drag? I have saw stockers race 300' and the XX lost by alot, and I have saw Big 3 bikes race, 700R blows it away!?!?!?!

Well for the record i have never seen a raptor 700 at any kind of mx or scrambles track ether...

Lmao. Anyone that takes a raptor on a track is out of their element any wayys. Raptors are good in the sand and that about it

If your going to be riding on rough trails Why not go with a utility quad. To me a sport quad is more for tracks & open fast trails. The best of both worlds one be to own a utility & sport atv. Like I said before each style of quad has it's advantages & disadvantages You need to find what works for you we can all give our input but your the one who will be riding it. Test ride them both see what you like and dislike about each one either way you go Honda & Yamaha are great quads. It's not always about which one will out run the other one unless you plan on racing and then you need to check what upgrades are out there for each quad and compare which one would make the better racing machine. The newer utility atv's handle well and are fast quads too. The top speeds are close between the too a sport just gets their a little faster. On an mx track a sport is going to come out on top but for playing in the rough a good 4x4 utility is hard to beat. So just do your research and choose whats best for you.