Quantcast

Toughest 3 -wheeler?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

IMO,,,,,,As long as you Regularly Service and Inspect your Rides....They are all Tough to Kill....

That Being Said.....

I think that the Honda Big Red Series was the Toughest Built, followed by the SX and so on down the Unsuspended Trikes....

Yamaha I would have to say Comes in Second...

Kawasaki a Close 3rd

Polaris and Suzuki Never Really Took off...UGLY!!!:eek:

Have you Ever been on a Z???

Here is a Drag Z I'm building right now.....

HPIM3235.jpg

HPIM3234.jpg

th_HPIM3233.jpg

I had a Guy in Germany make me some Billet Stator Covers and Chain Guards....So I decided I would put them on...Just needed some Bling Factor!!!!

HPIM3237.jpg

Also for this bike....I wanted to keep the Front End Down when Coming out of the hole!!!! So I had a Friend of mine in Florida make me a Aluminum +12 Swinger....Then sent it out to Kansas to another Friend to be Polished...If anyone needs Custom Stuff for their Rides...Let me know....I might know people....LOL!!!!

My Ugly As* in the MIRROR Finish

HPIM3227.jpg

HPIM3232.jpg

Ive been working on this bike for almost 3 yrs now...Started with just a Frame...I have a Few more pieces to get and Finish this Bike....Then it will be time to Clip Some Honda Wings....

Thanks,,,,,Yeah,,,The Z is Real light up front.....Im thinking of making an Aluminum Gas Tank to replace the Airbox and Get rid of the Rear, Under seat Tank and Fuel Pump....That will Take the Weight off the Rear and Move it Forward...Not much but Every Bit helps...And with the +12...The Front will stay down pretty well....:D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello everyone.....!!!!!!!! New here!!!!

Dont mean to step on any toes but there was NEVER an 87 ATC 250R....Last yr was the 86....For any ATC in the USA...However,,,,There are some Fabled ones floating around Across the pond.... You guys should check us out over at www.3wheeler.org

GET IT RAGGG!!!!!!

I am also new to this forum But did HONDA mark some 1987? I have a 1987 250 sx marked with the sticker in front of the tank on the fork mount. Just like the other ones i have had. kinda surprised me when i got it. Also a guy called me to buy an 86 350x i had for sale he told me he had a 1992 350x LOL asked him when the ban was 92 was a special order last year befor the ban LOL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY VOTE IS FOR THE 250 SX'S AT LEAST ITS MY FAVORITE AND I HAVE HAD ALMOST ALL OF EM OVER THE YEARS.

Edited by revedup

I am also new to this forum But did HONDA mark some 1987? I have a 1987 250 sx marked with the sticker in front of the tank on the fork mount. Just like the other ones i have had. kinda surprised me when i got it. Also a guy called me to buy an 86 350x i had for sale he told me he had a 1992 350x LOL asked him when the ban was 92 was a special order last year befor the ban LOL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY VOTE IS FOR THE 250 SX'S AT LEAST ITS MY FAVORITE AND I HAVE HAD ALMOST ALL OF EM OVER THE YEARS.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

You are Correct....There were some Sport Utilities, Utilities, some 200X's ....If I remember correctly the X's had the Square Tube Frame....

On the TOUGHEST....I am still goin with the Big Red 250.....:yes:

Good im not crazy and i can read. yes the big red 250es was a bull and very tough. But I like the more sporty feeling of the sx just can not kill either of thost things. The eariler non suspension atc's were very tough also but haveing a little bit of suspension is the only way to go if you are going to put any miles on normal trails without killing yourself. They were fine when i was about 17 but the back cant take much more than a few trips around the lawn these days.

• 3 months later...

ATC90-110 series definitely. they are EVERYWHERE

I have seen so many running WITHOUT oil I stopped counting years ago.

they do run better WITH oil of course, but I have seen these beaten SO badly it is enuf to make one weep. In fact I have a parts bike in the garage! a US90 no less. Somebody welded a whole new front end on it, there were NO parts inside the brake drum which explains why the brakes didnt work and the chain was so dry it took 2 people to push it. NO OIL in it of course but it started right up!

I think I'll try and resurrect it! with fresh oil it has compression!

:laugh:

• 4 months later...

Im going to say just about any of the Honda ATC's are the toughest (especially the 85-86yrs).

I started out with a 185s with no suspension. That puppy was a tank. It took everything I threw at it. We also had another 185s with front suspension, a 200s, and a 200m. All of them were tough as nails. Ive owned my 85 350X for 20yrs now and the only maintenance I ever done to it (besides regular maintenance) was replacing the rear carrier three years ago. It came apart while I was riding and it got clogged with coal dirt and gravel. I put it back together by hand (no field tools) and I rode it ten miles back to my truck. Needless to say the rear was destroyed inside. But, it got me back to the truck!!!! Not bad for never touching the rear for 22yrs of its life!!!

My brother has a 85 200X and 250SX. He also has a 86 350X. All the bikes needed some maintenance after he bought them. But now they run like champs!!!

Ive also heard from many ATV mechanics that Honda ATVs run forever!! I agree. But I will say this, regular maintenance and care will extend the life of any ATV.