quadcrazy

Toughest 3 -wheeler?

29 posts in this topic

What's the toughest 3-wheeler ever made???

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Idk I used to ride a 1985 Honda

the 87 honda ATC 250R

the 87 honda ATC 250R

Hello everyone.....!!!!!!!! New here!!!!

Dont mean to step on any toes but there was NEVER an 87 ATC 250R....Last yr was the 86....For any ATC in the USA...However,,,,There are some Fabled ones floating around Across the pond.... You guys should check us out over at www.3wheeler.org

GET IT RAGGG!!!!!!

1985 200m me and my kids cant!!!!!!kill it i own (2) 1985 200m

and --1985 185s --1985 200s --1985 kawaski 250 --yamaha 225 shaft

hondas are tough me and my boys love eating quads pulling quads

out thay cant go where suckers we have 6 buying 2 more ........and more and more and many more ....we love them

Hey man,,,,Glad to see there is another Sicko around here....

Where are you from.....?????

How is that Tecate Runnin????

Gotta love the Hondas too....Built to Last....

My friend cant seem to kill his 200s thats what id go with

IMO,,,,,,As long as you Regularly Service and Inspect your Rides....They are all Tough to Kill....

That Being Said.....

I think that the Honda Big Red Series was the Toughest Built, followed by the SX and so on down the Unsuspended Trikes....

Yamaha I would have to say Comes in Second...

Kawasaki a Close 3rd

Polaris and Suzuki Never Really Took off...UGLY!!!:eek:

Yeah i was thinking at Yamaha was most likly in 2nd wouldnt i love to jump on a tri-z250 right now.

Have you Ever been on a Z???

Here is a Drag Z I'm building right now.....

HPIM3235.jpg

HPIM3234.jpg

th_HPIM3233.jpg

I had a Guy in Germany make me some Billet Stator Covers and Chain Guards....So I decided I would put them on...Just needed some Bling Factor!!!!

HPIM3237.jpg

Also for this bike....I wanted to keep the Front End Down when Coming out of the hole!!!! So I had a Friend of mine in Florida make me a Aluminum +12 Swinger....Then sent it out to Kansas to another Friend to be Polished...If anyone needs Custom Stuff for their Rides...Let me know....I might know people....LOL!!!!

My Ugly Ass in the MIRROR Finish

HPIM3227.jpg

HPIM3232.jpg

Ive been working on this bike for almost 3 yrs now...Started with just a Frame...I have a Few more pieces to get and Finish this Bike....Then it will be time to Clip Some Honda Wings....

yeah iv ridden on one a few times love the power to weight ratio almost have to sit on the headlight to keep the front end from coming up.. Your project looks like its coming along great.

Thanks,,,,,Yeah,,,The Z is Real light up front.....Im thinking of making an Aluminum Gas Tank to replace the Airbox and Get rid of the Rear, Under seat Tank and Fuel Pump....That will Take the Weight off the Rear and Move it Forward...Not much but Every Bit helps...And with the +12...The Front will stay down pretty well....:D

The toughest 3 wheeler I ever rode pending is a 1985 Honda 350x ATC. Bored to a 393, stroked to a 430, midrange cam, 13.5:1 pop up piston. The bike was so strong, it would not stay on the ground at 1/4ths throttle. A major mean machine.

i would have to go with the honda big reds, i have one that im dreadfully gonna trade for a 4 wheeler as soon as i find the right person to trade with but it has been the toughest 3 wheeler i have ever owned

If we are talking toughness. It would be, in my opion, either the atc 110 or 185s. If you are talking speed you can't over look the 250r. :D

I think you guys are on the Right track....I believe that ANY of the Unsuspended Trikes are Tough. As the Suspension Got Better So did the Speed...However,,,,Tough is Relative to the upkeep or Lack there of

I have a 1984 Big Red 200es and that thing is a beast. I pulled a buddy up a hill with it.

Hello everyone.....!!!!!!!! New here!!!!

Dont mean to step on any toes but there was NEVER an 87 ATC 250R....Last yr was the 86....For any ATC in the USA...However,,,,There are some Fabled ones floating around Across the pond.... You guys should check us out over at www.3wheeler.org

GET IT RAGGG!!!!!!

I am also new to this forum But did HONDA mark some 1987? I have a 1987 250 sx marked with the sticker in front of the tank on the fork mount. Just like the other ones i have had. kinda surprised me when i got it. Also a guy called me to buy an 86 350x i had for sale he told me he had a 1992 350x LOL asked him when the ban was 92 was a special order last year befor the ban LOL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY VOTE IS FOR THE 250 SX'S AT LEAST ITS MY FAVORITE AND I HAVE HAD ALMOST ALL OF EM OVER THE YEARS.

Edited by revedup

I am also new to this forum But did HONDA mark some 1987? I have a 1987 250 sx marked with the sticker in front of the tank on the fork mount. Just like the other ones i have had. kinda surprised me when i got it. Also a guy called me to buy an 86 350x i had for sale he told me he had a 1992 350x LOL asked him when the ban was 92 was a special order last year befor the ban LOL I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MY VOTE IS FOR THE 250 SX'S AT LEAST ITS MY FAVORITE AND I HAVE HAD ALMOST ALL OF EM OVER THE YEARS.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

You are Correct....There were some Sport Utilities, Utilities, some 200X's ....If I remember correctly the X's had the Square Tube Frame....

On the TOUGHEST....I am still goin with the Big Red 250.....:yes:

Good im not crazy and i can read. yes the big red 250es was a bull and very tough. But I like the more sporty feeling of the sx just can not kill either of thost things. The eariler non suspension atc's were very tough also but haveing a little bit of suspension is the only way to go if you are going to put any miles on normal trails without killing yourself. They were fine when i was about 17 but the back cant take much more than a few trips around the lawn these days.

by the way any one know of any good atc salvage shops or good references to get parts other than ebay?????????????

250 sx

How are We going to decide what the Toughest is.....????? I think your picking the SX because of Suspension.....Everyone knows that the Big Red will out work the SX and the SX will out Play Red....What it boils down to at the end of the day is Which you would rather be pulling your Ford LTD back home with Billy...l:laugh: