Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

what is the best brand of ATV?

I think  everyone has  their own  valid opinion of which is the best  brand.  I  like  my  Honda ,  and friends who  have them  also  swear by them . Yamaha ,  Kawasaki and Suzuki  also  have their  fans.  Kymco, although  much  less well  known  also  has a very  good reputation  among those that  can get over their  prejudices  against "Chinese  junk" .  Kymco  is  Taiwanese, makes  parts for  a few  high end  car  makers  and as well as  for some of the more  name  brand   Japanese  ATV  builders.  I  can't speak  for the reliability  of some of the  newer models  of  US/ Canadian ATV  builders,  but some of the older  ones did  not have a great reputation  here .  For example , among the riders  I  know  the  old Polarises  were better known by the name " Pullhairis" for the  troubles they  had .

I  think the best ATV  is the one  that  does the job for you,  is  liked  by your riding  circle of friends  and is the one you  can afford. Keep  the maintenance  up  and  any of  todays  machines will  serve you well, although  I too am wary  of  unknown  brands that sell  cheaply.  None of the  name  brand ,  domestic or foreign  should  let  you down whether the machine  is  40  years  old or  new ..  Maintenance means  much ore than  age .

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

All in what you want. If you like to tinker, get a chinese bike, if you like to putz along all day and not do much to your machine, get a honda, if you have work to do, get a kawasaki, if you like to go fast, get a polaris, and if you like to feel superior for your initial investment, get a can am.

1 hour ago, bimmer said:

All in what you want. If you like to tinker, get a chinese bike, if you like to putz along all day and not do much to your machine, get a honda, if you have work to do, get a kawasaki, if you like to go fast, get a polaris, and if you like to feel superior for your initial investment, get a can am.

this is an awesome way to put it, although I would argue that polaris outdoes the others in all areas except putting along-  they are work beasts

can-am is overrated.

17 minutes ago, Frank Angerano said:

Can am way over rated! 

As far as Polaris out doing all other brands !! Nope ! Not a chance.  

I dunno........  Polaris hasn't let me down (nothing I didnt cause myself anyway)

kawasaki.........crap as far as I've ever seen.  Every kawasaki I've ridden so far has issues and are hard to fix

I hear you. But can you honestly tell you I’ve been riding for about 35 years. So many different bikes and manufacturers. I think Honda is the most reliable on utility bikes. And the racers are also great and hold value.  

The two bayous I’ve had one was a 400. Beat the crap out of it with no problems.  I have the 220 Bayou now and it’s been great so far.  

My yamaha bear tracker so far so good. 

Even my old Polaris Phoenix was a great bike but finicky from time to time.  

I truly think they are all fair bikes but Honda holds together well. 

I honestly feel that if you look you will find that of all the all the older bikes still around Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha  will be the top bikes you can still find.  

Polaris are there but not as avalabale due to them just not lasting.   

I could be wrong but I am always looking for bikes.  Always, and I find Polaris bikes are not around. 

18 hours ago, quadmaniac said:

I like all the older honda, yamaha, suzuki and kawasaki quads. If you take care of them, they last. I agree with @davefrombc that the older Polaris atvs had their fair share of issues so I stayed away.

Does anyone know anything about CFMoto?

image.thumb.png.2cdcdf3287c076bd578588a054d8d254.png

are they made in the usa?  ...or just another china brand to fix daily 😴

• Haha 1

From what I could  find searching on CFMoto  their  ATVs prior to 2012 were iffy at best .  Since then  they have vastly improved their quality control and  are ready to compete  with the major brands.

Don't  kid yourself  on "China brands".  They  can  produce some  junk there, but so  can   Canadians and Americans. China is also  capable of producing  products that don't take a back seat to  anyone just as our domestic  makers can.  Some of the best "American" branded  products are actually either  built in China for the American  company  or  have  some  "made in China"  components  if you read  the fine print on their  products.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davefrombc said:

From what I could  find searching on CFMoto  their  ATVs prior to 2012 were iffy at best .  Since then  they have vastly improved their quality control and  are ready to compete  with the major brands.

Don't  kid yourself  on "China brands".  They  can  produce some  junk there, but so  can   Canadians and Americans. China is also  capable of producing  products that don't take a back seat to  anyone just as our domestic  makers can.  Some of the best "American" branded  products are actually either  built in China for the American  company  or  have  some  "made in China"  components  if you read  the fine print on their  products.

I have to agree, look at auto parts....lots of stuff comes from China.